Overhaul and Relaunch of english-team.com
Hello everyone. My name is Torsten Daerr and I'm the co-founder of www.english-test.net. We are looking for a web developer who can create a website that meets the following criteria:
- Google friendly
- Google sitemap
- speaking URL's (for example: english-team.com/trainers/)
- easy to use content management system
- PHP based with MySQL (MySQL data base system is already in place on our site)
- design, layout and fonts should be similar to that of the Skype website
- interactive features that allow users to create their own profiles
- integration/implementation of JavaSonics/ListenUp (online audio recording Java Applet)
- As an alternative, you implement an online recording system that is based on Flash rather than Java. Since most of our users have Flash installed and activated in their browsers it would be a better option. Many of our users don't have Java installed.
- English and German versions of the site on different domains: www.english-team.com and www.englisch-team.de
The site should be scalable. This means it should be possible to add new features and contents later without changing the main structure and nagivation system. We have built two websites ourselves: english-test.net
and we are going to do a lot of the MySQL work too.
That's why it will be great if you first take a close look at both our sites so we can communicate better with each other. Our programmer's and admin's name is Vyacheslav Gromov, aka Slava. He was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia and moved to Germany in 1998.
You can learn more about him on his website: grovs.slava.de
The following is a list of site sections so this gives you an idea as to the site structure and navigation menus. Please note that the sections can appear in a different order on the site. The keywords in brackets indicate subsections.
- Programs and services for companies and organizations (English language courses, English via phone, Localizations and Translations, Work Samples, Pricing)
- English language coaching for individuals
- Jobs for English Teachers (Join English Team as an English Language Trainer, Why English Team?, How become an English Team Trainer?, Online ESL Trainer Test, Why work in Germany?)
- Mobile TOEIC Test Center
- Quality Management Standard
- Cultural Diversity is our Strength
- Meeting the Team
- English For Winners
- Material Download for Trainers
- English Team in Leipzig
Payment and remuneration
We can discuss your remuneration and payment if you tell us what part(s) of the project you can realize and how much time you need. To make you an offer, it would be good if you could show us your portolio or previous projects you have worked on. We'd prefer to pay you via PayPal.
How to get started?
So what are the next steps? I suggest you do the following:
- Explore the site (english-team.com)
- Propose a content management system you think should be used.
- Register on the forum.
- Ask any questions you might have.
- Make an offer as to what part of the project you want to realize and tell us your conditions.
If you have any questions, please post them on the forum here: website overhaul
Very important: Please make sure you know what Google PageRank means and you are either familar with the system or at least you are very interested in learning everything about it. If your own website is older than 2 years but still hasn't achieved any significant Google PageRank you should first change something about your approach since we are only interested in building websites that others find useful.
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.