1. Shay did not want to move to Chicago, so the offer of a job there was
2. When Teresa won the lottery, her sister was very
3. The nursing home was shut down when the inspector found lack of
for the patients.
4. His decision not to run for political office again was
5. The stock broker was arrested for trying to
6. The candidate for mayor was very
in his speech.
7. When John drank too much wine, his speech was very
8. Laura did not want to get married; Elmer took the
9. The teen age driver was
when he damaged his father's car.
10. The purchase of Alaska in 1837 was seen as foolish and called Seward's'
11. The movie star could not be faithful and was well known as a
12. When Chris saw the torn slippers, he was
the puppy had chewed them.
13. At the reading of my uncle's will, the attorney told of about his considerable
14. The gardener planted trees and plants from many countries in the
15. The scary movie was about a person without a conscience; a
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.