1. Because of her excellent grades, my
is that she will be the valedictorian.
2. My grandfather still runs three miles a day; he has a
3. Everyone knows he is guilty; why doesn't he
to breaking the window?
4. The child was on the
.of tears when her favorite doll broke.
5. He gave us directions by
where to turn on the highway.
6. Many clubs have some kind of an
ceremony for its members.
7. John worked to earn money for college; he is a very
8. When two year old Shelia fell down the stairs, she
9. The doctor said she had multiple
from the accident.
10. Sheila was very lucky not to have suffered a
from the fall.
11. Her fall was a huge
for the whole family.
12. It was
that John won a ski trip after breaking his leg.
13. The new prince's birth was a joyous
14. Susan does not like to be denied anything; she is very
15. Since his curfew had already past, Eric
walked into his house.
16. The teenager had not cleaned his room in weeks; it was in total
17. Our words were perfectly
to my grandmother. She did not need a hearing aid.
18. The light hair on David's chin was a sign of early
19. My dad loved to play golf on Saturday with his
20. The painter did such a poor job, the work wasn't worth a
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.