1. Why do the women have to wear cocktail dresses or
2. What do you think is the meaning of “nautical?”
3. Why does Sandra want to go on the 5K walk?
4. What are some of the symptoms of scurvy?
5. Can people still get this “ancient” disease?
6. How is scurvy prevented?
7. Why are British sailors called “limeys?”
8. Why did Columbus name the Arawak people “Indians?”
9. Where did Columbus get the name for the islands?
10. Name some interesting facts about Charlotte Amelie.
Use the vocabulary words to fill in the blanks.
1. I have an __________ with the dentist at 1:00 p.m.
2. Did you hear the __________ about Steve going to jail?
3. The sailors often gathered around the __________ to
4. I was a __________ in the Walk For Cancer.
5. We took a lot of __________ for the camping trip!
6. Jane’s fever and chills were __________ of getting the
7. My son was very __________ when he lost his wallet on
8. Buying the island was done for a __________ military
9. Getting married to a woman he met last week was great
10. The crops were abundant and we sold them at a
All names used in this story are fictitious.Buy these lesson plans at English-test.net
How does this episode strike you? Please use the forum to get in touch with the author of the story and your fellow readers. Here is the right place to do so A Travel Adventure (reviews and comments)Table of contents
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.