1. Why do the women want to take medicine before
2. Why can’t the Tenders take passengers to the
3. How was Half Moon Cay named?
4. Did the island have another name? What was it?
5. What is the meaning of “baja mar?”
6. Why do you think the island was deserted for two
7. Who started the first European settlement?
8. Why would pirates and sailors visit the islands?
9. Name some countries that claimed the Bahamas.
10. When did slavery end in the islands?
11. Who were the first people to settle in the
12. Why did Columbus call them “Indians?”
Use the vocabulary words to fill in the blanks.
1. The good soil, rain and sun produced an __________
2. The motion of the boat made me feel __________.
3. His story of winning $50,000 was __________.
4. When the concert was cancelled, we were very
5. When we heard John __________ we knew he was hurt.
6. The moon has a beautiful __________ shape tonight.
7. The church sent four __________ to the small
8. If Sue has measles, she is very __________.
9. America’s first permanent __________ was Jamestown.
10. When he __________ mixed the chemicals, there was a
11. High winds and rough water created __________ for
All names used in this story are fictitious.Buy these lesson plans at English-test.net
How does this episode strike you? Please use the forum to get in touch with the author of the story and your fellow readers. Here is the right place to do so A Travel Adventure (reviews and comments)Table of contents
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.