1. Why do parrots on Dominica need to be in a sanctuary?
2. Name an unusual bird in the Garden.
3. Do any of the birds migrate to other places? Name one or
4. What happened to the Garden in 1979?
5. What is an Agouti?
6. What is the difference between a buccaneer and a
7. Why do you think captured women spoke Maipurean to other
women and to the men in Carib?
8. Why did lepers have to be quarantined?
9. What is the most photographed building on Curacao?
10. Why is there sand on the floor in the Jewish museum?
Use the vocabulary words to fill in the blanks.
1. We waited three weeks for the homemade wine to
2. The natural __________ for kangaroos is in Australia.
3. When my cousins all came down with the measles, my aunt
put them in __________.
4. Birds and fish are not in the same __________.
5. __________ were not the same as privateers.
6. He won the marathon because of __________ training.
7. The actor was able to __________ Abraham Lincoln
8. Organized religions usually have __________ ceremonies
9. It is important to have a __________ area to protect the
10. The teachers agreed __________ on the new contract.
11. Many of the birds in Aruba are __________ flying to
Florida in the winter.
12. Captain Bligh laid __________ to the town of Aruba.
13. Giving up her doll to her sick sister was an act of
14. Father Damien worked tirelessly among the __________
with the disease.
15. She continued the __________ of wearing her motherís
All names used in this story are fictitious.Buy these lesson plans at English-test.net
How does this episode strike you? Please use the forum to get in touch with the author of the story and your fellow readers. Here is the right place to do so A Travel Adventure (reviews and comments)Table of contents
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.