1. Why is Steve finding it difficult to concentrate on the company agenda?
2. Steve calls Mr Jameson to tell him about an employee revealing company business while drunk. Do you think it is right or wrong to report misconduct by an employee?
3. Insurance companies are often known as "umbrella" businesses. Explain what is meant by this term.
4. What is a "trouble-shooter?"
5. Would you have made the same decision as Mr. Jameson? Why or why not?
6. The letters NASDAQ are an acronym, meaning each letter represents a word. What are the words? If you do not know, look them up on a computer.
7. Why does Bruce agree to Mr. Jameson's harsh terms?
8. What does the term "black-balled" have to do with a business career?
9. Why do you think Mr. Jameson asked for Steve's opinion of what to do with the "blabber-mouth" employee?
10. Were you surprised at the last dialogue in this chapter? What do you think will happen next?
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.