1. Dom, the room steward is waiting to give them information
and answer their questions.
2. A steward is responsible for keeping the room clean,
bringing towels and turning down the blankets each night.
He keeps the room stocked with shampoo, tissue, and toilet
3. Everyone has to go out on deck, put on their life jackets,
and stand by their assigned boat.
4. The two items are light devices and inflation straws.
5. The jacket is made to turn an unconscious person from face
down to an upright and slightly backward position.
6. They are the same except for the size. The child size is
for anyone weighing less than 90 lbs.; the adult size is
for anyone over 90 lbs.
7. He is the hotel manager.
8. He has been an apprentice cook, a Purser, and a Controller.
He worked in Provisions, dining room, bars, food and
9. Firmin has been on ships to Europe, the Baltic,
Mediterranean, Canada, the Far East, Mexico, Alaska and
10. This is a list of jobs a wife has for her husband. The
name is from her asking, “Honey will you do...?”
All names used in this story are fictitious.Buy these lesson plans at English-test.net
How does this episode strike you? Please use the forum to get in touch with the author of the story and your fellow readers. Here is the right place to do so A Travel Adventure (reviews and comments)Table of contents
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.