1. Who is waiting in Donita and Sandra’s room?
Why is he there?
2. What is a steward’s job?
3. What does everyone have to do for the lifeboat drill?
4. What are two items on the life jackets for safety?
5. How is an unconscious person safe in the water?
6. Are all the life jackets the same?
7. Who is Firmin van Walle?
8. What were some of the jobs he had in the last 28 years?
9. Firmin has been on several ships sailing to what places?
Name six of them.
10. What do you think a “honey-do” list is?
Use the vocabulary words to fill in the blanks.
1. I will need to pack many __________ for our long trip.
2. The children used strange letters for their secret
3. The famous chef will now __________ how to make Tiramisu.
4. We just need to follow his __________ to make this
5. Our teacher said the spelling test would be easy if we
__________ every day.
6. The accident victim was __________, but breathing
7. We need to __________ all the balloons for the birthday
8. Firmin was an __________ chef while he studied in Paris.
9. We waited anxiously for an __________ of the baby’s birth.
10. The __________ cleaned our room, gave us fresh towels and
answered all the questions.
11. Dom’s boss __________ him eleven rooms to clean.
12. The ship could not dock close to shore, so we had to take
13. I’ll go see the ship’s __________ when I need to cash a
14. His job as __________ was to keep financial records for
15. Attending a wedding on the ship was an exciting __________.
All names used in this story are fictitious.Buy these lesson plans at English-test.net
How does this episode strike you? Please use the forum to get in touch with the author of the story and your fellow readers. Here is the right place to do so A Travel Adventure (reviews and comments)Table of contents
If you have any English grammar or vocabulary questions,
please post them on this English Grammar Forum.