to connect; to join; to link
couple
object
advantage
disturb

Take advantage of?

Sick and tired? | Bothered vs. plagued?
Take advantage of? #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:36 am   Take advantage of?

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", question 7

If you're not careful you'll find that because of your generous nature, she'll start taking ......... of you.

(a) part
(b) advantage
(c) consideration
(d) prominence

Test No. incompl/inter-3 "If you tend to forget", answer 7

If you're not careful you'll find that because of your generous nature, she'll start taking advantage of you.

Correct answer: (b) advantage

If you're not careful you'll find that because of your generous nature, she'll start taking part of you.
_________________________

What does it mean?
taking advantage
Rudolf

Take advantage of - profit from #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 04, 2004 21:10 pm   Take advantage of - profit from

To take advantage of of somebody means to profit from them (often used in a bad sense as in the sentence you are referring to).

TOEIC listening, talks: A radio commercial for window installations

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Sick and tired? | Bothered vs. plagued?
Meaning of "make it the business"Snake in the grass?Beating about the bush?What is the difference between tender and submit?Which conditional?Lots of moneyWhat does this phrase mean: 'Now you are being sensible'?Phrasal verb "Carry on" and its meaningMeaning of "Turn up"meaning of elsewhereA long list of things?Give me a hand?Listen vs hear