Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

reproof; warning; reproval
whim
dearth
sally
admonition
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Always telling the truth...

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection
TOEFLŪ essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare... | TOEFLŪ essay sample: A person's childhood years are the most
listening exercisestell a friend
TOEFL essay sample: Always telling the truth... #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 21, 2006 19:51 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Always telling the truth...

TOEFL essay sample

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.

Relationship is very delicate issue.Some people argue whether to be honest in it by always telling the truth or to keep under wraps. I agree that always telling the truth is not necessary for a relationship to survive

Any relationship works on trust, whichever the area may be. Smooth running of any relation depends on the sincerity between the persons engaged in a commitment .For example if we look at the employer employee bond, if a employee leaves a job within few months of joining just for the sake of perks offered by the competitor, this breach will cause loses to company in terms of time consumed in training, money and energy invested

Disclosing all the details is not a good decision to do most of the time. If hiding truth for some good cause I feel it is not wrong, if it can provide solace to other. For example if a child is suffering from some sort of cancer ,parents would feel to cheer their kid in his remaining days left, by concealing the facts.

I feel if two people are in some relation like marriage, its better to screen the past memories then to disclose it and break the bond for ever.For example if a husband had some bad past memories ,and if his present is hale and hearty then why to tell the truth and break the relations,if it's possible to hide it?

As we can see there are many aspects to this argument where some always feel to be loyal and not to offend the other person. But I feel it’s essential to hide the reality for some good cause.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students who met on campus
Shiny22
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

TOEFL essay sample: Always telling the truth... #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:53 am   TOEFL essay sample: Always telling the truth...

Hi,

Amendments as before in CAPITALS:

Quote:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.

A Relationship is very delicate issue.Some people argue ABOUT whether to be honest in it by always telling the truth or to keep SOME THINGS under wraps. I agree that always telling the truth is not necessary for a relationship to survive

Any relationship works on trust, whichever the area may be. Smooth running of any relationSHIP depends on the sincerity between the persons engaged in a commitment .For example if we look at the employer employee bond/AGREEMENT, if a employee leaves a job within A few months of joining just for the sake of perks offered by the competitor, this breach will cause losSes to THE company in terms of time consumed in training, money and energy invested

Disclosing all the details is not a good decision to do most of the time. If hiding THE truth IS for some good cause I feel it is not wrong, if it can provide solace to ANother. For example if a child is suffering from some sort of cancer ,parents would feel THEY HAD to cheer their kid UP in his remaining days left, by concealing the facts.

I feel if two people are in some relationSHIP like marriage, its/IT'S better to screen/CONCEAL (the) past memories then/THAN to disclose it/THEM and break the bond for ever.For example if a husband had some bad past memories ,and if his present is hale and hearty then why (to) tell the truth and break the relationsHIP,if it's possible to hide it/THEM?

As we can see there are many aspects to/IN this argument where some always feel THEY HAVE to be loyal and not to offend the other person. But I feel it’s essential to hide (the) reality/IF IT'S DONE FOR SOME GOOD REASON for some good cause.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Thanks Alan #3 (permalink) Sat Jul 22, 2006 13:17 pm   Thanks Alan

Thank you Alan.

Shiny.
Shiny22
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Food has become easier to prepare... | TOEFLŪ essay sample: A person's childhood years are the most
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
TOEFLŪ essay sample: Sun RainTOEFLŪ sample essay: Some people pay money for the things...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Men or women are they better drivers?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Will the mouse eat books?TOEFLŪ essay sample: Boys and Girls should attend separate...TOEFLŪ essay sample: If you could change one important...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Do you agree or disagree with...TOEFLŪ essay sample: People who work hard and sleep late...TOEFLŪ essay sample: The disadvantages of using science...TOEFLŪ essay samples: People work because they need money toTOEFLŪ essay samples: Do you agree or disagree with...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Many teachers assign homework to studentTOEFLŪ essay sample: People attend college or university...