working class; social class comprised of manual laborers
atheist
proletariat
fathom
demeanor

TOEFLŪ essay sample: People listen to music for different...

smoking cigarettes | The socialization of children determines the destiny of the society.
TOEFL essay sample: People listen to music for different... #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:27 am   TOEFL essay sample: People listen to music for different...

ESSAY TOPIC

Reasons and at different times. Why is music important to many people? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

TOEFL essay

Many people like music in life. That is why MP3 player, CD player and Ipod are so hot nowadays. For the question of why music is so important to them, different persons have different answers based on their distinct experiences. From my point of view, I think that there are two major reasons for those people who are like me to choose music. The one is exploring imagination, and the other is expressing emotion. I will explore them in this essay.

Fist of all, music can explore imagination, which is very important that one person can have. When we listen to music and follow the rhythms and the words, we feel like that we are in the story, which the song is talking about. For example, listening to the light music or classical music played by violin, sometimes, we immerse in the rhythm. And sometimes we dream that we are on a grass land in the golden sun shine. We are playing on this beautiful land. In this sense, music brings us to our dream, and helps us imagine the beautiful life.

On the other hand, we can express our emotions and feelings via music. Music is a very good method to release our feeling. For example, when we are depressed, we would like to listen to Rock music, and dance with the music; in the funeral, we play music to express our heartbreak and memory to the person who leave us away; when we are success, we play music to celebrate it. By doing so, we express our feeling: sadness, grief and happiness. Music gives us one more option when we want to release our feeling, and it is always the best one.

In short, from the reasons I mentioned above, some people like me, love to listen to the music for dreaming of the beautiful life and expressing their feeling. I think, music is the best way for us to release emotion, as well as it gives us more motivation for our beautiful life.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an American History class
Quing

TOEFL essay sample: People listen to music for different... #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 15:27 pm   TOEFL essay sample: People listen to music for different...

ESSAY TOPIC

TOEFL essay

.............................................................................................................................Not too bad Quing. You need to concentrate of your sentence content and structure.
Reading English publications would be a big help to you in this.

Kitos. 7.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay sample: People listen to music for different... #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 15:27 pm   TOEFL essay sample: People listen to music for different...

ESSAY TOPIC

TOEFL essay

Kitos. 7.5/10
_________________

Please rate my essaymusic and art classes should be requiredhow to score high marks on the toelf?Intergrated task-benefits of playing video gamesSuccessful students do well in school for many different reasonsOnline shopping offer lots of advantages. Discuss about this issuedoing homework dailyPlease rate my essaylearning about the past has no value for those of us living present. Do you...?"Not everything that is learned is contained in books"if you could change an important thing in your hometown, what would you change?Please rate my essayuniforms for high schools neccessary or not required