sloping; inclined
adult
return
slantwise
large

Does 'entitled' means 'give a name'?

"along the storm" versus 'above the storm' | Meaning of 'nail technician'
Does 'entitled' means 'give a name'? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:44 am   Does 'entitled' means 'give a name'?

ESL/EFL Test #61 "Trains", question 3

As one of our party was over 60 she was ......... to a reduction in the price of the ticket.

(a) allowed
(b) given
(c) granted
(d) entitled

ESL/EFL Test #61 "Trains", answer 3

As one of our party was over 60 she was entitled to a reduction in the price of the ticket.

Correct answer: (d) entitled

As one of our party was over 60 she was given to a reduction in the price of the ticket.
_________________________

Does "entitled"means "give a name"?

Dennis
Dennis

Does 'entitled' means 'give a name'? #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:16 am   Does 'entitled' means 'give a name'?

.
Entitle = 1. To give a name or title to. 2. To furnish with a right or claim to something: The coupon entitles the bearer to a 25 percent savings. Every citizen is entitled to equal protection under the law. (American Heritage Dictionary).
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'to alter' versus 'to change'Meaning of 'turn up the sitting room clock'Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've doneMeaning of "In a way it's probably just as well the...Meaning of hasteDifference between modify and alterMeaning of "talking through her hat"Meaning of 'career associate scanning professionals'Meaning of "media courier"Difference between 'I want to' and 'I like to'Meaning of "shark eat shark"Meaning of "little birdie"Meaning of "alight"