characteristic of a capital city; sophisticated
vivid
metropolitan
pertinent
annoying

When do we use full stops after abbreviations?

Liquid sounds and an example with /t/ | What would be a figurative equivalent of a municipality?
When do we use full stops after abbreviations? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 02, 2006 15:18 pm   When do we use full stops after abbreviations?

Hi everybody,

The right abbreviation for "versus" is:

vs.

or:

vs

Khanh
Van Khanh

Location: Ho Chi Minh-City, Viet Nam

Abbreviation #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 02, 2006 15:22 pm   Abbreviation

The general rule about the full stop is that it's not needed when the last letter of the full word is the same as in the abbreviation - doctor -Dr

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Dart vs shoot vs nipCapacity vs capabilityLong (I shouldn't have to wait long)"Fix" vs "Fix up"Fractions (13/300, 13/144)Subjunctive: I would rather she be here tomorrowExpression: "Just older"It or that? (I know that - I know it)Which or not which (This is the very book that I want)Which or not which (I saw my houses which had been...)Contradictory / Inconsistent?Diffference between 'Really.' and 'Really?'Meaning of "in computers"