to classify; to categorize; to systematize; to structure
achieve
assort
cruise
copy

Meaning of haste

Difference between modify and alter | Meaning of "In a way it's probably just as well the...
Meaning of haste #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:37 am   Meaning of haste

hi Alan,

i hope you don't mind but i have found a misspelling.

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Speed", question 10

I appreciate your hard work but sometimes you're so fast that you miss the details and I think it's a case of more ......... less speed.

(a) hurry
(b) hasty
(c) haste
(d) hurried

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Speed", answer 10

I appreciate your hard work but sometimes you're so fast that you miss the details and I think it's a case of more haste less speed.

Correct answer: (c) haste

I appreciate your hard work but sometimes you're so fast that you miss the details and I think it's a case of more hasty less speed.
_________________________

test 48, question 10
I apprectiate your hard work but sometimes you're so fast that you miss the details and I think it's a case of more haste less speed.

and that: shouldn't it be " who believes"?

test 48, question 7
He's one of the get rich quick fraternity who believe in making money as quickly as possible.

wishes
judith
Judith

Incomplete sentences advanced level #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 25, 2003 14:04 pm   Incomplete sentences advanced level

hi alan,

thank you very much for your explanation.

wishes
judith
Judith

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Incomplete sentences advanced level #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 25, 2003 18:35 pm   Incomplete sentences advanced level

Hi Judith,

Many thanks for pointing out the typo for 'appreciate. Your other point about 'believe' I think needs some further explanation. It's all right to use a plural after a singular subject when that noun is considered to be plural in meaning. Here 'fraternity' means people belonging to that particular group.

Thanks again

_________________

Meaning of haste #4 (permalink) Thu Aug 03, 2006 23:49 pm   Meaning of haste

What is haste?

Karla
Karla

Haste #5 (permalink) Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:42 am   Haste

Hi Karla,

Haste has the sense of hurry often used in a figurative sense and suggesting doing something quickly often without thinking as in:

He ran out of the room and in his haste he forgot to take his car keys with him.

_________________

Words leaving and livingWhen and how you can used the word carry out?Security cameras deters or deter?Meaning of the word clapExchange dollars VERSUS switch dollarsMeaning of "to change one's"'to alter' versus 'to change'Meaning of 'turn up the sitting room clock'Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've doneMeaning of "talking through her hat"Meaning of 'nail technician'Meaning of 'career associate scanning professionals'Meaning of "media courier"