to assign to a particular post or position; to appoint
station
condition
classify
trash

Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've done

Meaning of "In a way it's probably just as well the... | Meaning of 'turn up the sitting room clock'
Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've done #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 04, 2006 18:26 pm   Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've done

ESL/EFL Test #70 "What the Devil", question 8

When your parents find out what you've done, you'll be in serious trouble and there'll be the devil to ..........

(a) show
(b) pay
(c) credit
(d) hold

ESL/EFL Test #70 "What the Devil", answer 8

When your parents find out what you've done, you'll be in serious trouble and there'll be the devil to pay.

Correct answer: (b) pay
_________________________

What does the whole sentence mean?

Jonas Ferreira
Jonas Ferreira

Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've done #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 04, 2006 20:06 pm   Meaning of "When your parents find out what you've done

There'll be the devil to pay means you will be in very serious trouble/you'll have to pay a high price for it.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
"you'r" instead of "your"Are always doing somethingWords leaving and livingWhen and how you can used the word carry out?Security cameras deters or deter?Meaning of the word clapExchange dollars VERSUS switch dollarsMeaning of "to change one's"'to alter' versus 'to change'Meaning of hasteDifference between modify and alterMeaning of "talking through her hat"Meaning of 'nail technician'