to enter; to penetrate; to infiltrate; to suffuse
permeate
bottom
reflect
resemble

Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms

free accommodation | burning/being burned
Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:17 am   Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms

"Mister" is the full form of the abbreviation Mr.

So, what is the full form of the abbreviation Mrs?
what is the full form of the abbreviation Ms?

Khanh
Van Khanh

Location: Ho Chi Minh-City, Viet Nam

Abbreviation #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:31 am   Abbreviation

Mrs is a shortened form of Mistress (slang form Missus/Missis)

Ms is a combination of Mrs and Miss

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 07, 2006 16:53 pm   Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms

Van Khanh wrote:

There is no full form of Ms. It's pronounced like "miz". It was created in the 1960s, when feminists wanted it to replace Mrs. and Miss. They said it was unfair that women were addressed according to their marital status and men were not. The abbreviation Ms. was not created from any one real word.

Currently, we generally use Ms. only when we don't know the marital status of the woman we're addressing, or when we think she might be a feminist and we are afraid we'll insult her.

Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms #4 (permalink) Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 am   Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms

Ms. was actually created in the 1950s as a title before a woman's surname when her marital status was unknown or irrelevant. In the early 1970s, the use of Ms. was adopted and encouraged by the women's movement, the reasoning being that since a man's marital status is not revealed by the title Mr., there is no reason that a woman's status should be revealed by her title. Since then Ms. has gained increasing currency, especially in business and professional use. I for one did not take my husbands last name and it is proper to use Ms. and etiquette dictates using it when addressing letters, cards and invitations. See http://www.einvite.com/info/etiquette?segment=addressing-the-envelope
Jconnole

Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms #5 (permalink) Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:50 am   Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms

From a different point of view, I dislike being called 'Ms' and would not expect anyone I know to address an envelope to me using that title. I agree with Jamie.
_________________

Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms #6 (permalink) Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 pm   Abbreviations: Mister versus Mr., Mrs., Ms

Jconnole wrote:
Since then Ms. has gained increasing currency, especially in business and professional use.

The use of "Ms." increased from the 1970s to the 1980s, but in more recent years it has declined as radical feminism has become less and less popular among women.

difference between inadequate understanding and an inadequate understandingPut some coal in the fireplace and burn/light it/themgerundcommamore than a million per year to be economically viableDear Alanpretty bad losing out to a cat11-7/8 D ?About using of "What" and "How"Holds 4 quarts ?The access time of memories do not decrease as fast as the cycle time of the procstative verbsAre the following sentences correct? Here I need a big help. Thanks