careful observation of a person or group
spot
greenhouse
attendant
surveillance

Day, month, year in English

Meaning of 'Go out' (He selsom goes out) | As well: He speaks English as well; Hot and cold as well
Day, month, year in English #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:30 am   Day, month, year in English

Is this correct that the English write the date in the following way?

day, month, year

and the American write:

month, day, year

I get mails from both countries and sometimes I don't know how to handle it.

e.g.
08/07/06
Attila

Day, month, year in English #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:59 pm   Day, month, year in English

Hi Attila

American date format:
When Americans write the date, the format is month / day / year. For example, today is August 10, 2006. Written as only numbers it would be: 8/10/06

If there is a deviation from the standard American format, an American will usually mention the deviation specifically.

Maybe Alan will give you information about the British format.

I usually advise people to always write the month as a word (Aug. or August, for example) in order to avoid possible confusion.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "The better part of the day"Meaning of "on the grounds"Meaning of "nobody's victim"Trivialize the nature of intimate life?By versus InWhat do you think of these exercises?Meaning of 'twisted aside' and 'gentle swags'"Will" vs "Would"Meaning of "otherwise"Too (Roland likes milk and Davis does too)Correct pronunciation of the word "MENTORING"Lately vs Recently (I saw her as recently as last Sunday)Think about versus Think of