Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

serving as an aide; helpful; supportive; auxiliary
honest
assistant
different
close
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
producing delightful aftertaste? | Is the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?
listening exercisestell a friend
Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #16 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 13:52 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

Who, was the correct answer to the question, as asked. EOS.

...... is the highest ranking....blah blah blah.

WHO is the correct answer.!!!

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #17 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 13:54 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

EOS? What does it mean?
Umasax
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #18 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:08 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

EOS = end of subject.

You read the question wrong, as you did with the tag question in another test.

Lighten up, people come here to learn, not to argue. You were wrong EOS.

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #19 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:13 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

Ok. But....
Umasax

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #20 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:18 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

7.......... the highest ranking official in the United States?

(a) Who's
(b) Whom
(c) Who
(d) What
Where have you seen "is" before the highest ranking.....?

[QUOTE:] If the word "is" hadn't already been in the test sentence, then "Who's" would have been correct[/QUOTE]
Umasax

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #21 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:20 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

If, but it wasn't.

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #22 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:28 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

We do not understand each other. However, thanks for explanation.
Umasax

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #23 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 15:05 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

You are welcome. Your English is nearly perfect, but you only need to ease your foot off the accelerator a little.

More posts and less tests would bring boundless benefits, especially the posts of Mr. Micawber and Alan.

producing delightful aftertaste? | Is the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does "ties" mean?'making money' vs 'doing money''look after'/'look out for' have a close meaning. Why the former cannot be used?Bacon and ...?What is the difference between "initiative" and "initial"?Usage of considerHow can I realize if the question is right?Use the term 'going chalk' to describe a person who picks all of...Why not to say "milk and cookies"?What does "lips me off" mean?Meaning of "To strong arm"What does "thumbs" mean?What is exactly the meaning of nose?