serving as an aide; helpful; supportive; auxiliary
honest
assistant
different
close

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

producing delightful aftertaste? | Is the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?
Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #16 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 13:52 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

Who, was the correct answer to the question, as asked. EOS.

...... is the highest ranking....blah blah blah.

WHO is the correct answer.!!!
_________________

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #17 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 13:54 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

EOS? What does it mean?
Umasax

Location: Rf

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #18 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:08 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

EOS = end of subject.

You read the question wrong, as you did with the tag question in another test.

Lighten up, people come here to learn, not to argue. You were wrong EOS.
_________________

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #19 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:13 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

Ok. But....
Umasax

Location: Rf

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #20 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:18 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

7.......... the highest ranking official in the United States?

(a) Who's
(b) Whom
(c) Who
(d) What
Where have you seen "is" before the highest ranking.....?

[QUOTE:] If the word "is" hadn't already been in the test sentence, then "Who's" would have been correct[/QUOTE]
Umasax

Location: Rf

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #21 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:20 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

If, but it wasn't.
_________________

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #22 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:28 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

We do not understand each other. However, thanks for explanation.
Umasax

Location: Rf

Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest... #23 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 15:05 pm   Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...

You are welcome. Your English is nearly perfect, but you only need to ease your foot off the accelerator a little.

More posts and less tests would bring boundless benefits, especially the posts of Mr. Micawber and Alan.
_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2
What does "ties" mean?'making money' vs 'doing money''look after'/'look out for' have a close meaning. Why the former cannot be used?Bacon and ...?What is the difference between "initiative" and "initial"?Usage of considerHow can I realize if the question is right?Use the term 'going chalk' to describe a person who picks all of...Why not to say "milk and cookies"?What does "lips me off" mean?Meaning of "To strong arm"What does "thumbs" mean?What is exactly the meaning of nose?