restraint; framework; raised edge of a sidewalk
ken
curb
predilection
equanimity

TOEFLŪ essay: What are the three most important subjects...

TOEFLŪ essay: Causes and effects of the pollution | TOEFLŪ essay: With the help of technology, students nowadays
TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects... #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:06 am   TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects...

TOEFL essay

Essay topic:
What are the three most important subjects to you? Why?

There are many courses offered by high schools. All of the courses are important to us, but I believe that English, biology, and geography are the most important subjects.

First of all, studying English is necessary to everyone because we live in an English-speaking country. If we do not learn English, we will have trouble communicating with others. In addition, most textbooks, novels, and newspapers are written in English. How can we gain knowledge without taking an English course? Besides, as I looked at the “Employment” section in newspapers, most jobs require an applicant who can speak English fluently and can write very well. Therefore, English is essential to all careers.

Biology is a significant subject as well, as it teaches us the functions of various parts of our bodies, and the ways to keep our bodies healthy. Did you know that drinking Coke and coffee at a young age will cause you to shrink when you are older? Did you know that people who sleep longer have a longer memory than people who sleep less? Did you know that heart attack and high blood pressure are caused by your high fat diet when you are a teenager? By taking biology, we learn how to prevent our bodies from getting diseases.

Pollution is a serious problem nowadays, so we must study geography to learn how to protect our environment. According to my geography teacher, much of our groundwater is contaminated from the chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides seeped from the farmland. Moreover, as population increases, more wastes are produced. These wastes not only emit toxic chemicals into our atmosphere, but also take up a lot of spaces. My teacher told me that we should all reduce, reuse, and recycle things as much as we can, in order to alleviate this problem. As for farmers, they should use natural fertilizers instead of chemical ones to grow their crops.

In conclusion, by taking English, biology, and geography at high school, I have gained so much valuable knowledge and skills. I will continue to take these subjects at university so that I can become a successful person for our country.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a Drama professor
Janice

TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects... #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:27 am   TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects...

Hi Janice,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL letters:

First of all, studying English is necessary to everyone because we live in an English-speaking country. If we do not learn English, we will have trouble communicating with others. In addition, most textbooks, novels, and newspapers are written in English. How can we gain knowledge without taking an English course? Besides, as I looked at the “Employment” section in newspapers, most jobs require an applicant who can speak English fluently and can write very well. Therefore, English is essential to all careers/EVERY CAREER?.

Biology is a significant subject as well, as it teaches us the functions of various parts of our bodies, and the ways to keep our bodies healthy. Did you know that drinking Coke and coffee at a young age will cause you to shrink when you are older? Did you know that people who sleep longer have a longer memory than people who sleep less? Did you know that heart attackS and high blood pressure are caused by your high fat diet when you are a teenager? By taking biology, we learn how to prevent our bodies from getting diseases.

Pollution is a serious problem nowadays, so we must study geography to learn how to protect our environment. According to my geography teacher, much of our groundwater is contaminated from the chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides THAT HAVE seeped from the farmland. Moreover, as THE population increases, more wastes are produced/MORE WASTE IS. These wastes/THESE WASTE MATERIALS not only emit toxic chemicals into our atmosphere, but also take up a lot of spaces/SPACE. My teacher told me that we should all reduce, reuse, and recycle things as much as we can, in order to alleviate this problem. As for farmers, they should use natural fertilizers instead of chemical ones to grow their crops.

In conclusion, by taking English, biology, and geography at high school, I have gained so much valuable knowledge and skills. I will continue to take these subjects at university so that I can become a successful person for our country
.

This is excellent.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Whaat are three important subjects to you? #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 29, 2006 16:42 pm   Whaat are three important subjects to you?

TOEFL essay sample (2)

There were so many choices of subjects when I was in school, from that I choosed mathametics, biology and chemistry as my favourite and important subjects for my better carrer. It is a well known that today's advances in any field wheter in medical or technology is all because of wide knowledge of these subjects. I got bachelor in pharmacy so I found them very important for my studies.

The first important subject for me is mathametics. This subject is very useful in any type of calculation. for instance from simple servey calculation to possibility parameters math is fundamental needs. In my school days I found it very important to keep my scores high, as it is a scoring subject. I was devoting less time than other subjects as it needs skillful formulas to solve problems.

The second subject is biology which gives us knowledge of human kind and other animals and plants existance. biology is very interesting subject. I always like to study it. because of biological researches, today, we are able to extend our life span. There are many diseases, we had eradicated.

The third subject is chemstry which was importat for my profession. From my school days I was really good at it and I was getting good score so I decided to get my bachelor in phramacy where i have chance to acknowledge myselef in chemistry. Chemistry is also importat for sceintific researches.

In conclusion, I would say that these subjects are most important for our education as well as for advances in every field. I would count them as fundamental subjects for our education.
Hema

TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects... #4 (permalink) Tue Aug 29, 2006 19:31 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects...

Hi Hema,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL letters:

There were so many choices of subjects when I was in school, from that I choosed/CHOSE mathametics, biology and chemistry as my favourite and important subjects for my better carrer/FOR A BETTER CAREER. It is a well known that today's advances in any field wheter/WHETHER in medical/MEDICINE or technology is all because of A wide knowledge of these subjects. I got A bachelor DEGREE in pharmacy so I found them very important for my studies.

The first important subject for me is mathametics. This subject is very useful in any type of calculation. For instance from simple servey??? calculation to possibility/POSSIBLE?parameters math is fundamental needs./// In my school days I found it very important to keep my scores high, as it is a HIGH scoring subject. I was devoting less time than other subjects as it/YOU NEED needs skillful/SKILFUL formulas to solve problems.

The second subject is biology which gives us knowledge of human kind and other animals andTHE EXISTENCE OF PLANTS plants existance. Biology is A very interesting subject. I always like to study it. Because of biological researches, today, we are able to extend our life span. There are many diseasesTHAT we had/HAVE eradicated.

The third subject is chemstry which was importat for my profession. From my school days I was really good at it and I was getting /GOOD MARKS good score so I decided to get my bachelor in phramacy/PHARMACY where i have THEchance to acknowledge myselef/TO QUALIFY in chemistry. Chemistry is also importaNt for sceintific/SCIENTIFIC researches.

_________________

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Which place would you prefer to live inAbout IBT in ChinaTOEFLŪ essay sample: Some students apply for admission...TOEFLŪ essay Some people believe that it is very important...TOEFLŪ essay sample: It Is More Important For Students...TOEFLŪ essay sample: You want to persuade some one to studyHello, I need your help concerning the TOEFLŪ preparationIs TOEFLŪ the same level as...TOEFLŪ essay sample: You have received a gift of moneyTOEFLŪ essay sample: Describe the characteristics that...Free toeflŪ downloadTOEFLŪ essay sample: If public transportation in a large cityTOEFLŪ essay: Think of the most important class you...