to deliver a discourse before an audience; to reprimand tediously
interest
lecture
piece
dial

What does the prefix 'inter-' mean?

What does "net result" mean? And what is "nett"? | Quote: Why is it that we rejoice...
What does the prefix 'inter-' mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:30 am   What does the prefix 'inter-' mean?

I get trouble in many words with prefix 'inter-'

what is the meaning of 'inter-' here.

see 'internet'
'interastral'
'interarea'

Thankx~~
Testtest

What does the prefix 'inter-' mean #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:54 am   What does the prefix 'inter-' mean

Hi testtest

The prefix inter- means among or between. This prefix often indicates some kind of a connection between things.

Based on the definition of inter-, what do you think your words mean?
It seems to me that you should be able to figure out "internet". ;)

What context did you get interastral and interarea from? (The context will probably also offer some hints for understanding.)

What do you think "interstellar travel" would be?

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
A good many students...Be it ever so humble, there is...After a few attempts to completing the letter...Synonyms for quitExpression "From within"'I was about to suggest that you should…' :)Verb "to organize"Difference between secretary and secretariatImperative affirmative sentenceWho know who is who?Meaning of UnforceableMeaning of "little by way of"Careful + of/about/with/on