Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

newspaper that is published 5 to 7 times a week
poll
chart
mail
daily
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Did you see the show last night? | Nothing is more important than to have/having a good breakfast in the morning
listening exercisestell a friend
English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:44 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

What do you mean by "I'm totally pissed"
Mishy
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:03 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Hi mishy

If you hear this sentence in the US, it would mean "I'm extremely angry".

However, I believe it would mean "I'm extremely drunk" in the UK.

Amy

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:11 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

I use it both ways. Often.

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:28 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Is life so tough in Japan, MM? :lol: ;)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 16:11 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Hi,Amy
Too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: I see , two different meanings.
I asked those words expressing the "drunk" meaning, "pissed" (the Miss Dictionary says: Brit sl, negative) , its idiom is like: "be as pissed as a newt", meaning "very drunk"
Do you know other idioms with the similar meanings???
Thanks, :P

F.F
FangFang
I'm here quite often ;-)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #6 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 16:26 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Do you mean idioms meaning drunk, FangFang?
Words and expressions such as drunk as a skunk? Three sheets to the wind? Plastered? Sh*tfaced? Bombed? Tipsy? "Serfectly pober"? :lol:

(We may have to rely on "frequent users" for additional ideas.... ;))

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #7 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 19:51 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Amy wrote:
We may have to rely on "frequent users" for additional ideas....

Or maybe on frequent drinkers! :lol:

Tom
Tom
I'm a Communicator ;-)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #8 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 20:11 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Frequent imbibers? 8)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #9 (permalink) Mon Aug 28, 2006 23:49 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

While considering the adverse influence of Japan on my emotional and physical equilibrium, it occurred to me that 'pissed' can refer to either anger or intoxication, but 'pissed off' can only refer to the former.

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #10 (permalink) Tue Aug 29, 2006 0:32 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Is that really an "idiom"? I thought it was just some inappropriate language. Oh well.
Cooliegirly
I'm here quite often ;-)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #11 (permalink) Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:22 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Yankee wrote:
Do you mean idioms meaning drunk, FangFang?
Words and expressions such as drunk as a skunk? Three sheets to the wind? Plastered? Sh*tfaced? Bombed? Tipsy? "Serfectly pober"? :lol:

Well, I don't know there are so many words and expressions with "drunk" meanings, I believe I can open a can of worms :lol:
Ok:I found some
1) a sheet in the wind(slightly drunk, attention please, not three sheets___very drunk? :lol: )
2) have a drop in one's eye:slightly
3) fall down the sink(boozer or toper)
4) teach up
5)a wet smack(sot)
6)off the nail(slightly)
7)take one's medicine
8)drunk as a lord
9)have a load on
10) wash one's ivories
Well, those are what I can think of so far, I wonder if you have other expressions , Can you line them up according to the extent of drunkness? :lol: :lol:

F.F
FangFang
I'm here quite often ;-)

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #12 (permalink) Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:24 am   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

Idiomatic because the basic meaning of the word is 'urinate', cooliegirly. Not inappropriate among the boys at a bar; but vulgar and therefore inappropriate in polite company.

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #13 (permalink) Sat Jan 23, 2010 13:52 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

its an usual american slang : "I´m totally pissed of" : es kotzt mich an.... was du tust...
Carlsoak

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #14 (permalink) Sat Jan 23, 2010 13:54 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

its also used in case in the vulg. communication : "you piss me of" : du kotzt mich an ( nicht im Sinnne von "vomit" ) sondern ist Ausdruck des Ärgers über jemanden
Carlsoak

English Idiom: I'm totally pissed #15 (permalink) Sat Jan 23, 2010 13:57 pm   English Idiom: I'm totally pissed

this idiom has nothing to do with urinate or drunk : 3rd example : i`m totally pissed of you" ich fühle mich völlig verarscht von dir, du kotzt mich an, so eine Scheiße hab ich noch nie gehört.......
Carlsoak

Did you see the show last night? | Nothing is more important than to have/having a good breakfast in the morning
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Report: As planed, we completed cleaning clooer which was shown low performanceUse of: near / nearbyWhy "were" instead of "was"?!Proper use of "to" and "in"perfect on/in that dressraining cats and dogsconditional type 1 and 2Where will you be? or Where will you?"The other man" Why not "another man"take out a lot of the stresses in lifeequally/as wellArticles-theREADING problem in "The Cambrian Explosion"?