skilled; knowledgeable; highly sophisticated; very experienced
kind
contrary
inbound
expert

TOEFL® IBT Questions 1 and 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Who can help me with this interview? | How to pronounce the word 'balmy'?
TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2 #16 (permalink) Mon Dec 24, 2012 15:35 pm   TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2

If my friends from some foreign country wante to spend some time in my country Pakistan, I would suggest them to ?visit Kandahar? city. It is an historical city and <can't understand this part - something about many old buildings - I even asked my son and he said "She's mumbling" :) > For example <can't understand - "very old"? > and minaret of Pakistan. There are inscriptions written on the pillars of the minaret. Apart from this, we have a very ? great <something>? cuisine. ?A part our culture? which is very delicious. So I think the foreign people will enjoy the food and that's it.

TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2 #17 (permalink) Mon Dec 24, 2012 15:47 pm   TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2

My favorite pet is Black , a big dog. I real like him for two reason. The first, my family ?kissed? him and one member at a time. In my family, we easily go to jog its a park when every time we every free time on earth . And the second, that dog makes us very friendly when we go out and come back to home. That's why it's my favorite pet.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2 #18 (permalink) Tue Dec 25, 2012 0:08 am   TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2

Hi Luschen thank you very much for the critical analysis. I would like to clarify some of the points. First of all when I finished recording my response, I noticed myself that my response was not very good. I will rerecord my response for this question. The city I was talking about was Lahore not Kandahar:)
Secondly, You are right I was talking about our Asian cuisine which is a part of our culture and is very delicious:)
Apple0

TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2 #19 (permalink) Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 am   TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2

Qustion: Some students prefer to prepare their projects on the due day. Other students prefer to prepare their project much earlier before the due day. Which way do you prefer and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.

Answer: As Napoleon says, “every hour of lost time is a chance of future misfortune”. Based on this proverb, I prefer to do my works and projects much earlier before the deadline. There are two major reasons for me which I’d like to point out. First of all, doing my project ahead of time give me the opportunity to revise my work and let me to add or remove some materials to my work. On the other hand, preparing the project on the due day make me anxious which it results to reduce my project performance. For example, last week I did my speaking homework on the due day which is caused doing my speaking class project badly.
Mtk

TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2 #20 (permalink) Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:12 am   TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2

Q: Some people enjoy spending their free time alone in activities such as reading, thinking or writing. Others enjoy their free time in shared activities with other people. Which one do you prefer and why?

A: Each of us has an own way for spending leisure time; some people are accustomed hanging out with their friends, while others prefer to do solitary activities. In my point of view, I prefer to stay alone because of my need for relaxation. First off, nowadays is “The Communication Age” which means people unconsciously spend most of their life for communicating with each other that may cause to forget themselves and allocate a few time for themselves. Secondly, as I am an introverted person, shared activities usually disturb me and made me tired. So I generally would rather to relax solitarily to energize myself.
Mtk

TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2 #21 (permalink) Fri Feb 15, 2013 15:54 pm   TOEFL IBT Questions 1 and 2

Q: Living abroad has many advantages. Talk about one specific advantage and explain why it is important.

A: in my opinion, the most important advantage of living abroad is the possibility for broadening experiences. First of all, although living among people with another culture is difficult to some extent, but it makes the personality more tolerant which this tolerance lead to more flexibility that is a worthy experience, especially for young individuals. On the other hand, as an English proverb says: “Life is the art of drawing without an eraser”. I mean that although all experiences are not good, but we are not being worry about it. Generally, getting acquainted with any experiences would someday be beneficial.
Mtk

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
a lime benefited position?what is your good time to reviseFull vs. FoolPlease evaluate my speaking, thank you very much (increase tuition )TOEFL® Speaking tasksFirst voice recordinghow clearly can you understand my speaking?please rate.Please evaluate my speaking, thank you very much (study in groups)How to say 'Vietnam' correctly?Need help with this interviewCorrection English subtitles from video listeningGet feedbackInterjections