conclusion reached by reasoning from data or premises; speculation
epithet
inference
coterie
retribution

TOEFL® essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small...

Essay: why do people attend college? | TOEFL® essay a day: Should teacher be kind or strict?
TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small... #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 02, 2006 18:23 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small...

TOEFL essay sample

Some people prefer to live in a small town.
Others prefer to live in a big city.
Which place would you prefer to live in?

Some people prefer hip hop life of big cities , while others like to live in calm and quiet places like small town. If left to me, I would like to live in big city.

I was born and bred in big city /capital city of India,New Delhi.I feel i am so used to that kind of life that it will now be impossible to change.Not only this, i feel there are lot of advantages of staying in big city.On the other hand, towns do provide a quiet, calm and slow pace to human lives but i prefer the busier and faster side of life.

Big cities provides us with good employment and educational opportunities,shopping malls,recreational facilities and outstanding social life.

Since the big cities are hub for multinational companies and various other profit seeking organisation ,it gives variety of opportunities for job seekers ranging from part time to full time job.Thus providing wide range of facilities and better life style. I am professional and would like to be acquianted with latest technical know -how, these can be easily awailed from big cities.

In addition to this,numerous universities, colleges and school are found in these cities. a child can do his /her schooling,graduste or even get poat graduate degree by staying in the same city, where as in towns such facilities are often not so common.

The glamour of big cities lies in the flashy looks with pubs.variety of malls and clubs for socialising.Since there are many reacreational places prople are not bored and enjoy every bit of their leisure time.

Thus these are the reason why i prefer big cities, although the preference varies from person to person.

TOEFL listening lectures: In October of which year did Vaudeville officially appear?
Soni18

TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small... #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 02, 2006 18:55 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small...

I have made some suggestions in CAPITAL letters:

Some people prefer THE hip hop life of big cities , while others like to live in calm and quiet places like small townS.If left to me , I would like to live in A big city.

I was born and bred in A big city /THEcapital city of India,New Delhi.I feel i/I am so used to that kind of life that it will now be impossible to change.Not only this, i /I feel there are A lot of advantages of/IN staying in A big city.On the other hand, towns do provide a quiet ,calm and slow pace to human lives but i/I prefer the busier and faster side of life.

Big cities provides/PROVIDE us with good employment and educational opportunities,shopping malls,recreational facilities and outstanding social life.

Since the big cities are THE hub for multinational companies and various other profit seeking organisationS ,it gives A variety of opportunities for job seekers ranging from part time to full time jobS.Thus providing/IT PROVIDES A wide range of facilities and better life style. I am professional and would like to be acquianted/ACQUAINTED with THE latest technical know -how, these can be easily awailed/ARE EASILY AVAILABLE IN from big cities.

In addition to this,numerous universities, colleges and school are found in these cities. a/A child can do his /her schooling,graduste/GRADUATION or even get poat/A POST graduate degree by staying in the same city, where as in towns such facilities are often not so common.
The glamour of big cities lies in the flashy looks with pubs.A variety of malls and clubs for socialising.Since there are many reacreational /RECREATIONAL places prople/PEOPLE are not bored and enjoy every bit of their leisure time.
Thus these are the reasonS why i prefer big cities, although the preference varies from person to person.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Dear Alan #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 03, 2006 19:05 pm   Dear Alan

thanks alot sir.
i will look into my weak points. do you have any idea what is the difference between essay for toefl ibt and ielts and also since i am giving toefl ibt for second time any sugesstion s u want to give. I am actually worried as people who wrote for the second time got lesser marks that their previous ones. I got 98 i needed 100.my exam is on 9 sept
with regards
Soni18

TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small... #4 (permalink) Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 am   TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small...

Where should we live? In a small town or in a big city? This question is really dificult to have a perfect answer. As far as I concerned, I would rather live in a big city than live in a small town. Three biggest reasons are the job opportunitties, sevices and the communication.
With no trouble, we can realise there are much more jobs in a big city than in a small town. In a big city, the jobs include lots of areas, such as services, trade,… But in a small town, all the jobs are centred upon the farm, the field,… In addition to the job opportunitites, in a big city, we always meet many people, so the chance for us to make friends and co-operate with them is really big.Thus, so many people want to live in a big city in order to develop their carrer.
The services in a big city is always better than in small town. First,they are more convenient. Most of hotels, hospitals, zoos, cinemas, restaurants,… is concentrated in the big city, thus if a farmer or a person who lives in a small town will have to go a long road to use the services. Furthermore, they give more thoughtful care to the customers that the services in a small town don’t have. For example, the entertaining areas in a big city open very late but in a small town, they close when it is only about 8 o’ clock.
For people, meeting others and joining the social events is very important and exciting. Certainly, in a big city, we can meet much more people than in a small town,have more neighbors,… In a small town, each farm is very large so people have little neighbors. Moreover,the social activities in a big city are very diverse and ebullient. So, people will be excited. This is a really big reason that the population in a big city is always larger than the population in a small town.
In conclusion, I prefer to live in a big city because I like a busy live and the competition there. Some people will say that in a big city the enviroment is very polluted. But I don’t mind it because I have hospital and the equipments to protect my health.

Dear moderator, can you let me know my points, please!
Jack_Sparrow91

TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small... #5 (permalink) Thu Nov 26, 2009 15:22 pm   TOEFL essay sample: Some people prefer to live in a small...

Some people prefer to live in a big town. However, I prefer to live a small town or a peaceful village with natural conditions. Because I like to get up with fresh air, beautiful flowers, green trees, and harmony bird songs every mornings. I like to work as a farmer without any stress of big city’s and industrial life.
A friend of mine, he said that he likes city’s parks with modern style girls walking around every afternoon, sky buildings with full light of neon’s, big markets with many kind of goods if you like, and large streets with many kind of car, motor, bicycle… However, all of them are not real reasons to live in a big city.
Now, I live in Hanoi, a big city of Vietnam. I get a lot of stress with traffic jam, air pollution, noisy and lakes, rivers with black water, every time when I am outside. I dislike all of them that are the reasons why I prefer to live in a small town or a peaceful village than a big city.
Hoang Anh

Quick but risky action versus slow but careful oneWould you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a more modern apartment?The Reasons Hanoi People Like Having Tea at Tea Shops in the StreetsTOEFL® essays: It is better for children to grow up in the countryside...Effects of PollutionEssay: Should all so-called facts be mistrusted or not?attraction to dangerous sports or other dangerous activitiesNeed your help for my bachelor thesis!TOEFL® essay: War can never be justified. How far do you agree with this statementReading fictions such as novels and short stories more enjoyable than watching...I recently write an essay for TOEFL®: Parents are the best teachers.Many people visit museums when they travel to new places...TOEFL® essay a day: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?