to decline; to deny; to turn down
accord
last
plug
reject

What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean?

Orign of 'In every life, some rain must fall'? | "I am amazing" vs. "I am amazed"
What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 am   What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean?

"I read an article about Mr. Martigrathac the other day that praised his contributions to charity and made him sound like America's most popular and altruistic citizen. You should have read this thing. The article made it sound like we should all takes notes on citizenship from him. Has everyone forgot that he was arrested for child molestation and child pornography? I mean, is Saul also among the ........., or what?" Maddie said to Shelly.

(a) idols
(b) revered
(c) prophets
(d) role models

"I read an article about Mr. Martigrathac the other day that praised his contributions to charity and made him sound like America's most popular and altruistic citizen. You should have read this thing. The article made it sound like we should all takes notes on citizenship from him. Has everyone forgot that he was arrested for child molestation and child pornography? I mean, is Saul also among the prophets, or what?" Maddie said to Shelly.

Correct answer: (c) prophets

"I read an article about Mr. Martigrathac the other day that praised his contributions to charity and made him sound like America's most popular and altruistic citizen. You should have read this thing. The article made it sound like we should all takes notes on citizenship from him. Has everyone forgot that he was arrested for child molestation and child pornography? I mean, is Saul also among the role models, or what?" Maddie said to Shelly.
_________________________

What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean literaly and in context? Is Saul the bible character, as I guess?
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am   What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean?

Yes, it is a Biblical reference.
This exclamation, which came from the people when the young man Saul, newly anointed as King of Israel, was found amongst a company of prophets, revealed that he was not known as one who would normally have been in such company.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean? #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:01 pm   What does the phrase "Saul is also among the prophets" mean?

That's interesting.
Sorry for "bible". Of course, Bible.

Thanks, Beeesneees!
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

that are featured for no other apparent reasona jack of all tradesHe had been itching to see that band in concert for years.Come with me? What does that mean?easy for you to say?redundant vs. unneededExpression "Jump all over"Meaning of "break the handle"Why do we use you instead of me?Why it is not "going" instead of "to go"Turn in vs. turn onStrengths and weaknessesHe action moved at great speed