Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

opposed
actual
particular
apt
contrary
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

One and a half hour/hours

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Sentence: Tom wishing to tell everybody... | If required vs if need be vs :) if necessary
listening exercisestell a friend
One and a half hour/hours #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:10 am   One and a half hour/hours

Hi

Could you please shed some light on the given two sentences? Are both of them correct or only one?

1- I will be back in one and a half hour.
2- I will be back in one and a half hours.

Tom
Tom
I'm a Communicator ;-)

One and a half hour/hours #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:17 am   One and a half hour/hours

Good morning, Tom

Only the second one is correct.
I will be back in one and a half hours.

It would be more common to say:
I will be back in an hour and a half.

Amy

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Sentence: Tom wishing to tell everybody... | If required vs if need be vs :) if necessary
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Expression: Colder than hell"The toothache" vs "A toothache"Couldan't, shouldan't, wouldan't :) :)How'd they do that? - What does 'd mean?Expression: "So much as"Adjectives for ColorsADVERB definitely: I definitely will be late todayUse of 'make' and 'do with' togetherWhen you come right down to it?"However" versus "No matter"The sound of shoe heelsMeaning of "worry over"Lines from Mickey Spillane: I could see the lights...