opposed
actual
particular
apt
contrary

One and a half hour/hours

Sentence: Tom wishing to tell everybody... | If required vs if need be vs :) if necessary
One and a half hour/hours #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:10 am   One and a half hour/hours

Could you please shed some light on the given two sentences? Are both of them correct or only one?

1- I will be back in one and a half hour.
2- I will be back in one and a half hours.

One and a half hour/hours #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:17 am   One and a half hour/hours

Good morning, Tom

Only the second one is correct.
I will be back in one and a half hours.

It would be more common to say:
I will be back in an hour and a half.

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Expression: Colder than hell"The toothache" vs "A toothache"Couldan't, shouldan't, wouldan't :) :)How'd they do that? - What does 'd mean?Expression: "So much as"Adjectives for ColorsADVERB definitely: I definitely will be late todayUse of 'make' and 'do with' togetherWhen you come right down to it?"However" versus "No matter"The sound of shoe heelsMeaning of "worry over"Lines from Mickey Spillane: I could see the lights...