nearby
close
slantwise
forward
abroad

What is the difference between COMPANY and FIRM?

We've already been burgled 3 times this year | Difference: Proposal, suggestion, offer, proposition
What is the difference between COMPANY and FIRM? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:38 am   What is the difference between COMPANY and FIRM?

Hi, there

I wonder what are the differences between company and firm.

When we are going to use company, when using firm?

Could anyone give me some examples?

Thanx in advance.
Testtest

What is the difference between COMPANY and FIRM? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:46 am   What is the difference between COMPANY and FIRM?

Hi, there

Could anyone give me some examples?

Thanx in advance

Here you Go...

Firm:

An economic term, used to describe a collection of individuals grouped together for economic gain.

Company:

unit containing more than one platoon. They are typically commanded by a captain. Companies are assigned within Battalions.

Firm and company both reflects the same meaning.

Hope this help.. :roll:
Swami

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Firm/company #3 (permalink) Sat Sep 30, 2006 23:14 pm   Firm/company

Swami is right in that both 'firm' and 'company' mean 'business'. However, I'm afraid the definition given for company (related to soldiers) is not the one we need here.

What is the correct order of several adverbs in one sentence?How to keep email assessments personal?Seems to be/seems...See and meetNothing muchA baby's bedroom vs. A bedroom of the babyCan I write: I have understood NOW?Thatís settled it"Grateful" versus "Thankful"Sentence: I don't know 'publication' means either the act...Sentence: I don't know how they differ from on meaning...Countable and uncountableSingular and plural (The publication[s] department)