approving or praising mention; award; honor
accolade
epigram
coalition
glut

TOEFL® Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money

What do you consider to be the most important room in a house? | International entertainers, including sports personalities, often get paid...
TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 27, 2006 23:03 pm   TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money

TOEFL Essay sample

Essay Topic:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Although many people may not agree with me, I personally believe that there are several aspects in a job that are more important than the money I can earn doing it. Working in a good environment, having enough free time to enjoy my private life and liking what I do are some of these characteristics.

Working in a good environment is important. Everyday, in my job, I come in contact with my colleagues and my manager. Since I have to interact with them, it is very important that they are friendly and cooperative. It will help me to work better. A bad colleague could make my life at work impossible, and would push me to hate my job.

Having a work that gives me enough free time is important. It is useless to have a job that allows me to earn a lot of money, but that doesn’t give me the time to enjoy it. I prefer to receive a smaller salary, but to be able to see my friends at night, or to pass the weekends at home with my family, instead of working all the time.

Liking my job is important. I have to do it not just for a day, but for years, if not for the rest of my life. If I don’t love what I do, I won’t feel satisfied with myself and realized, no matter how much money I will earn. I will probably feel frustrated and depressed. I don’t know how many will agree but, to me, the quality of my life is priceless.

It is important that your job gives you a good salary. However, it is more important to have a job that you like, and that allows you to enjoy your private life. There is no doubt that money is useful, but you can sacrifice the quality of your life to it.

I would be grateful if you could give me some advices on how I could improve my writing skills.

Regards, Giulio

TOEFL listening lectures: When was Angkor Wat constructed?
SnakePlissken

TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:06 am   TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money

I've made some suggestions in CAPITAL letters:

Although many people may not agree with me, I personally believe that there are several aspects in a job that are more important than the money I can earn doing it. Working in a good environment, having enough free time to enjoy my private life and liking/ENJOYING what I do are some of these characteristics.

Working in a good environment is important. Everyday, in my job, I come inTO contact with my colleagues and my manager. Since I have to interact with them, it is very important that they are friendly and cooperative. It will help me to work better. A bad colleague could make my life at work impossible, and would push me to/MAKE ME HATE hate my job.

Having a work/WORK/A JOB that gives me enough free time is important. It is useless to have a job that allows me to earn a lot of money, but that doesn’t give me the time to enjoy it. I WOULD prefer to receive a smaller salary, but to be able to see my friends at night, or to pass/SPEND the weekends at home with my family, instead of working all the time.

Liking my job is important. I have to do it not just for a day, but for years, if not for the rest of my life. If I don’t love what I do, I won’t feel satisfied with myself and realized/AND I WILL REALIZE, no matter how much money I will earn. I will probably feel frustrated and depressed. I don’t know how many will agree but, to me, the quality of my life is priceless.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 28, 2006 13:53 pm   TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money

Thank you Alan for your answer
SnakePlissken

TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 24, 2009 19:34 pm   TOEFL Essay: The most important aspect of a job is money

PLEASE RATE MY ESSAY.
Some people think that the most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Others think that this is not the only aspect for working. In my opinion, to have a job means not only earning money, but also having independence in one’s life, and spending time well with a good team of workmates.

I am a student, and I have never worked yet. However, I always ponder how exciting my future work will be, I think positively of it, which in my opinion, is very important. I think that having a job has a lot of good aspects. Firstly, if I have a job, I have something to engage in. This work can also be interesting for me with good colleagues and interesting work. However, there can be my favourite work with small wages. This way I will think, do I need the money. If I need it, I will be looking for a job with high wage. But if I do not, I will continue to do the work I like. The second reason is the independence in the life. If someday I get married, I don’t want every time to ask my husband for some money, I want to earn it by myself and buy myself anything I want. To earn money for me also means to be worth of something. It is also useful when rainy days come my day. That is why to earn money is more important than any other things, but any way, it is not the only aspect of it.

I don’t mean that earning money is not important, I meant that it is not the most important thing, because there can be a lot of other more important though intangible things. And in the future, I will be looking for a good job, with and interesting work, with good workmates and of course high wages
Fira

TOEFL® essay: Nowadays, with the invention of the microwave and with...If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what will you changeTOEFL® essay: Gadhian thoughts are not relevant today.Disruptive school students have negative influences on others.Should the goverment spend more money on improving roads and high-ways or shouldTOEFL® essay: Visiting the museum is the best way to learn about a countryHow many listening parts does the TOEFL® have?Smokers can cause themselves serious health problem. The choice to smoke...pls rate my essay “being creative or planning carefully”Playing computer games is a waste of time for children. Do you agree or disagree?General chat - Come on, come on, don't be shyHelp me make the TOEFL® essayDo you think that TV programs, movies ans video games influence young people's...