to arrange according to dimension
pressure
judge
size
leave

Push herself into VERSUS push itself into

Do you have time? vs. Do you give time? | What does 'themselves' point? Is that 'birds'?
Push herself into VERSUS push itself into #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 28, 2006 21:06 pm   Push herself into VERSUS push itself into

ESL/EFL Test #40 "Reflexive Pronouns", question 7

His sister said she would like to push ......... into the air and fly but she was too frightened.

(a) itself
(b) himself
(c) herself

ESL/EFL Test #40 "Reflexive Pronouns", answer 7

His sister said she would like to push herself into the air and fly but she was too frightened.

Correct answer: (c) herself

His sister said she would like to push itself into the air and fly but she was too frightened.
_________________________

why is incorrect?

ada
ada

Itself/herself #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 28, 2006 22:47 pm   Itself/herself

'Itself' is the reflexive pronoun referring to a thing or animal.

'Herself' refers to a female subject ('his sister' in the test sentence).

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Push herself into VERSUS push itself into #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 13:34 pm   Push herself into VERSUS push itself into

Please explain:,, to push herself into the air '?

Sentence: This term refers to subjects that are of importance...Difference between "delivery person" and "mail carrier"'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correctwhat is tradesmen?Where did buck naked originate?Incidentally means 'by the way'?Comparision is a non-countable noun, why it had "a" before it?I saw him leave the house. vs I saw him leaving the house.What is Chris in fact?Expression "share the bill"Expression "he eats like a horse"What does mocha mean?'He goes to English classes' vs 'He goes for English classes'