inscription on a monument; in honor or memory of a dead person; commemoration
simper
epitaph
platitude
animus

TOEFL® essay sample: Watching television is bad for children

TOEFL® Essay Sample: Studing In The University | TOEFL® Listening Question
TOEFL essay sample: Watching television is bad for children #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:18 am   TOEFL essay sample: Watching television is bad for children

TOEFL essay sample

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Watching television is bad for children. Use specific details and examples to support your answer

Some people might say that it is negative effect on children to watch TV. By contrast, I totally disagree with the statement that watching TV is bad for children. There are several reasons for this. There is a way to learn great education by watching TV. Other way is to make more conversation with family.

First of all, children can learn a lot of thing by watching TV rather then learning negative things. There are much great programs in TV show, such as science and international. When I was kid, I had always watched science TV show, especially space. It was easiest to learn what I want by watching TV. Moreover, my friend’s kid always watch international program, which show different countries’ kid to speak one word in their own languages. As a result he can say “good morning” with seven different languages. Watching TV enable to learn a lot of thins. In other hand, there are many TV shows which are negative effect on children to watch TV. However, parents are able to manipulate of TV show by modern technology. Consequently, kids are unable to watch the TV shows that are bed effect on them

Secondly, TV program provides us much topic to talk with family. For example, when I was kid, before we ate dinner, I always watched TV. Then, we could talk about what I had watched before dinner. Everyone in my house talked one topic. Sometimes we talked about animal. Other day we talked not only nature, and also my parents wedding through watching TV. As a result, watching TV gave us many topics in our family.

For these reasons, I totally disagree that watching TV is bad effect on children because of more educational and giving new topics

Thank you for reading my essay :D :D

TOEFL listening lectures: What happened at the Potsdam Conference?
Dai

TOEFL essay sample: Watching television is bad for children #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:16 am   TOEFL essay sample: Watching television is bad for children

I have made some suggestions in CAPITAL letters:

Some people might say that it is/HAS A negative effect on children to /IF THEY watch TV. By contrast, I totally disagree with the statement that watching TV is bad for children. There are several reasons for this. There is a way OF GETTING A ( to learn) great education by watching TV. ANOther way is to make more conversation with family.

First of all, children can learn a lot of thingS by watching TV rather then learning negative things. There are much/MANY great programs in TV show, (such as) ON science and international TOPICS. When I was A kid, I (had) always watched science TV showS, especially ON space. It was easiest to learn what I want by watching TV. Moreover, my friend’s kid always watchES international programS, which show different countries’ kidS HOW to speak one word in their own languages. As a result he can say “good morning” with/IN seven different languages. Watching TV enableS US to learn a lot of thinGs. In/ON THE other hand, there are many TV shows which are/HAVE A negative effect on children to watch/WATCHING TV. However, parents are able to manipulate of/A TV show by modern technology. Consequently, kids are unable to watch the TV shows that are bed/HAVE A BAD effect on them

Secondly, A TV program provides us /WITH MANY much topicS to talk ABOUT with OUR family. For example, when I was A kid, before we ate dinner, I always watched TV. Then, we could talk about what I had watched before dinner. Everyone in my house talked ABOUT one topic. Sometimes we talked about animalS. ON Other dayS we talked not only ABOUT nature, and/BUT also my parents' wedding through watching TV. As a result, watching TV gave us many topics in our family.

For these reasons, I totally disagree that watching TV is/HAS A bad effect on children because IT IS EDUCATIONAL (of more educational and giving new topics) AND PROVIDES US WITH NEW TOPICS

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay sample: Watching television is bad for children #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:49 am   TOEFL essay sample: Watching television is bad for children

Sir Alan

It helped me a lot. I will practice more hard, then I will write again.

Thank you for helping me
Dai

Toefl® essay samples: Telephones and emailHealthy LifeStyleToefl® essay: change something about your countryTOEFL® essay samples: MusicToefl® essay samples: OverpopulationsI am preparing for iBT TOEFL® test - please any commentsTOEFL® essay sample: Travelling alone or with a companionTOEFL® essay sample: FriendShipTOEFL® essay samples: borrowing money from a friend can harmTOEFL® essay samples: Learning methodsTOEFL® essay sample: Movies are popular all over the worldTOEFL® essay samples: study in small classes...TOEFL® essay sample: close relationship with pets