to interpret; to explain the sense of; to analyze; to understand
alacrity
construe
genealogy
acumen

TOEFLŪ essay samples: Music

ToeflŪ essay: change something about your country | ToeflŪ essay samples: Telephones and email
TOEFL essay samples: Music #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 13, 2006 21:49 pm   TOEFL essay samples: Music

TOEFL essay samples

Which is your favorite Type of music.

There's no doubt that everyone of us has his own favorite type of music.
There are lots of music types such as:
Pop , Rock and roll , Jazz , Classic , Rap and Hip hop.
Some people prefer to listen to Pop music while others love the Jazz kind of music and thats depends on people's opinion.
How ever, music types can identify the person's personality
For example, when a person is listening to classic music you can know that he's a romantic person with a very quiet personality .
on the other hand, when a person is listening to Jazz or Hip hop music you can know that he is a bold person with a strong personality.
For me, I love to listen to pop music and sometimes to classical music for lots of reasons:
First, I think it's so romantic and it explains lots of things about love, care and passion.
Then, classic music is so quiet and won't get you a headache like other kinds of music.
Moreover, I believe that the main reason for music is to feel the lyrics and the melodies at the same time and even to feel the singer's point , but in noisy music it's hard to feel all of these things because you can't hear the singer's voice when the music is so high and bad.
In other word, we shouldn't forget that people's opinions are diffrent and if I hate something other person may love it and like to listen to it.
In conclusion, and for all those reasons I prefer to listen to the quiet kind of music that can make you feel the lyrics and the melodies at the same time.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of American History
Delta

TOEFL essay samples: Music #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:02 am   TOEFL essay samples: Music

Hi Delta,

Welcome to the site. I've written some suggestions and have put them in CAPITAL letters:

There are lots of music types such as:
Pop , Rock and roll , Jazz , ClassicAL , Rap and Hip hop.
Some people prefer to listen to Pop music while others love the Jazz kind of music and thats depends/THAT DEPENDS on people's opinion.
However(ONE WORD), music types can identify/INDICATE/REVEAL the person's personality
For example, when a person is listening/LISTENS to classicAL music you (can) know that he's a romantic person with a very quiet personality .
On the other hand, when a person is listening/LISTENS to Jazz or Hip hop music you (can) know that he is a bold person with a strong personality.
First, I think it's so romantic and it explains lots of things about love, care/CARING and passion.
Then, classic/AL music is so quiet and won't get/GIVE you a headache like other kinds of music.
Moreover, I believe that the main reason for music is to feel the lyrics and the melodies at the same time and even to feel the singer's point OF VIEW , but in noisy music it's hard to feel all of these things because you can't hear the singer's voice when the music is so high and bad.
In other wordS, we shouldn't forget that people's opinions are diffErent and if I hate something, ANother person may love it and like to listen to it.

This is quite good. If you like you can have a look at a piece I've done for the site on the use of the Present Tense:

English Grammar Lessons & Stories
http://www.english-test.net/lessons/

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay samples: Music #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 14, 2006 19:08 pm   TOEFL essay samples: Music

Hi Delta,

Just one word about your mantra at the end of your postings:

I Could Talk All Night Just To Hear You Breath.....

Do you mean: Hear your breath or Hear you breathe?

_________________

ToeflŪ Essay: important pieces of advice that you would giveTOEFLŪ essay samples: Talk about your parentsTOEFLŪ Essay Samples: purchase a house or businessToeflŪ essay samples: The most important world leaderTOEFLŪ Essay: Do you prefer to learn a language in the own...Healthy LifeStyleToeflŪ Essay: There is too much violence in moviesToeflŪ essay: Why do people visit museums?Practise sites for the tofel ibtToeflŪ essay samples: OverpopulationsI am preparing for iBT TOEFLŪ test - please any commentsTOEFLŪ essay sample: Travelling alone or with a companionTOEFLŪ essay sample: FriendShip