smoothly; continuously; inconspicuously
systematically
behind
though
seamlessly

Online listening (improve my english listening skills)

Alan's short stories | Where is Jamie (K)?
Online listening (improve my english listening skills) #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:52 am   Online listening (improve my english listening skills)

Please help me find a website which can help me to improve my english listening skills.Thanks.
Mishy

Online listening (improve my english listening skills) #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:11 am   Online listening (improve my english listening skills)

Hi Mishy,

You can try googling the following terms:

audio books
audio interviews
listening comprehension training

Also, there are a quite a few interviews on YouTube you can watch and listen to. For example, look for the Google report which includes interviews with the CEO of Google and Sergey Brin.

Let me know what you think,

TOEIC listening, photographs: A woman wearing a headset

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Online listening (improve my english listening skills) #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:20 pm   Online listening (improve my english listening skills)

Hey you! The best site in learning English I know is : http://www.esl-lab.com. It actually contains a great deal of listening and I myself listen it twice a day!
All topics in there are very lavish, from easy to difficult and you can choose one of them you like without paying any prices!
:D
TomWelling

Location: Viet Nam Always in my heart

ESL vs. authentic English #4 (permalink) Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:38 pm   ESL vs. authentic English

Well, TomWelling while esl-lab might contain a lot of interesting materials, I don't think there is just one website out there that can be classified as "the best". If you want to improve your English, you have to use a variety of different resources. When it comes to the internet, you should constantly google phrases to get a better idea of how English "works".

A thought on listening: You must find audio materials that are authentic rather than ESL (English as a second language). Sites like els-lab are OK to get you started but at some point you have to incorporate materials that are made for and used by native speakers in order to learn "real English". You can always turn to sites like ours to ask questions regarding the materials you are listening to.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Examining lab samples

Online listening (improve my english listening skills) #5 (permalink) Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:50 am   Online listening (improve my english listening skills)

Thanks to Torsten. In fact, Improving my English need a variety of different sources, so I am trying to find this.
TomWelling

Location: Viet Nam Always in my heart

Don't do it if someone else can do it better?A Colombian sayingWhat is your lovable phrase in English?How I should practice with VOA tape and script?About my homework, sometimes it's very difficult...Are you familiar with GoogleGuide?Are you a lurker?Nor chuckle, nor seriousness (Family Feud show)Alan's short storiesOnline dictionary: meanings of English pharses in GermanWho is Daniela (Moderator)?Kaizen! Anybody proficient with it?What sort of typist are you?