Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

some; few; separate; distinct; individual; various
senior
several
dismal
substantial
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Expression: 'An attention to detail'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Move (on/ahead) vs arise vs grow | English financial conditions=financial conditions in England
listening exercisestell a friend
Expression: 'An attention to detail' #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 24, 2006 14:30 pm   Expression: 'An attention to detail'

Hi

Could you please tell me what the phrase an attention to detail means? Could you use it in a sentence or two for me?

Tom
Tom
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Expression: 'An attention to detail' #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 24, 2006 15:40 pm   Expression: 'An attention to detail'

Ahem!

Master Tom, what about you giving it a try? ;)

"Attention to detail" basically means that a great deal of attention was paid to details when something was done. :lol: The word 'attention' is normally uncountable, so this would be one of those cases where you'd be "taking a few liberties," as it were.

Renoir painted those flowers with such an attention to detail that you practically smell the roses and jasmin. ;)

Amy

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Move (on/ahead) vs arise vs grow | English financial conditions=financial conditions in England
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'Log in' versus 'Log on'A bone to pickRedoubled: two or four times increased, in total?Let or allow?Mighty man :)Did it myself vs. Did it by myselfExpression: as from tomorrowAbout 'get by on'. Can the phrasal verb have objects?Move on, move and move ahead - interchangeable?Opposite of 'Burn'Expression: 'That is to say'Number in English ($450, 860 or $450.860)You seem happy = You look happy = You appear happy?