to comprise; to contain; to embrace
include
suit
direct
scratch

Meaning of 'job-seeking process'

Expression: 'be on for something' | Grammatical role of 'whatever the circumstances'
Meaning of 'job-seeking process' #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 25, 2006 20:58 pm   Meaning of 'job-seeking process'

ESL/EFL Test #144 "Job Applications", question 2

The application is a key marketing tool for the applicant in the job-......... process.

(a) advertising
(b) gathering
(c) seeking
(d) wanted

ESL/EFL Test #144 "Job Applications", answer 2

The application is a key marketing tool for the applicant in the job-seeking process.

Correct answer: (c) seeking

The application is a key marketing tool for the applicant in the job-gathering process.
_________________________

Why is "job-seeking" incorrect as an answer to this question? The "process" through which applicants go is usually "seeking" a position, before "gathering" or gaining one, isn't it?
Thanks for the reply.

CRISTIAN BONUCCI
Cristian

Meaning of 'job-seeking process' #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 25, 2006 22:21 pm   Meaning of 'job-seeking process'

ESL/EFL Test #144 wrote:

Correct answer: (c) seeking

Hi Cristian

If you look at the test results again, you'll see that 'seeking' is in fact given as the correct answer.

It seems you selected 'gathering' during the test. Possibly you clicked on that choice by mistake (?).
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between chew and swallowUse the expression 'change my mind'Confusion over VERSUS confusion betweenMeaning of "all kinds of"Expression: I didn't hear what you saidDifference between simple and veryTook no notice of him vs. looked carefully at himBadly behaved (adjective)What does devil mean in this context?Subordinating conjunctions - HELP!Why can't we use "slap" here?Whole versus allOn business versus on job