flat receptacle used to hold other items; platter
employee
attire
integrity
tray

Difference between hold and keep

Idiom: 'On the up and up' | Use of 'MANY alternatives': Who does Usage Panel consist of?
Difference between hold and keep #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:55 am   Difference between hold and keep

what's the difference between hold and keep?

BR,
Zoli
DZoli

Difference between hold and keep #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 26, 2006 13:20 pm   Difference between hold and keep

.
They are used in a multitude of different ways, Zoli-- too numerous to cover here. Try reading through HOLD and KEEP.

Basically, in the common meaning in which they are related, hold means to have possession and keep means to continue possession.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "Cutting Edge"Meaning of 'He was taken off his round''Climb up' versus 'Climb over''Come in' versus 'Come on in'Expression: 'According to me'The use of 'as per': 'Enclosed is the shipment...'Error Identification: the universal problem of evil as...Action vs ActivityPrice indication letterThe meaning of student in BrEAbove-mentioned vs. Above-namedExpression: Do eyebrowsMeaning of term "nethics"