distortion of the face to express an attitude or feeling; anger; disapproval
ascetic
fallacy
anarchy
grimace

TOEFLŪ Essay: Without capital punishment our lives are less

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Leaning about the past has no value? | TOEFLŪ essay: How can you keep your health in a good...
TOEFL Essay: Without capital punishment our lives are less #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 31, 2006 15:47 pm   TOEFL Essay: Without capital punishment our lives are less

TOEFL Essay

Without capital punishment ( the death penalty ) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence insociety.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

You should write at least 250 words.
You should use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evedence

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There is a well-known saying "Once you owe something, you have to pay for it". Similarly, criminals, committing crimes, should be punished for their misdeeds. At the highest level, capital punishment should be used in some cases to ensure the security for our society and prevent violence.

Firstly, we mush have serious measures to punish severe crimes. Some actions are very dangerous: murders kill innocent people, vandals damage valuable properties and they both cause bad consequences on the whole society. There are also wrongdoers, who can not be reeducated and always return to their bad ways after being in jail. Death penalty can be a good way to ensure that crimes will not happen again.

Secondly, capital punishment is an appropriate way to deter criminals. Newspapers and movies usually wrongly describe those committing crimes, building images of heroes and not counting deaths in such crimes. Governments and laws should play their roles and make people understand that they are responsible for their actions.

One thing must be concerned when we want to use capital punishment: we are living in a civilized society. Careful investigations should be hold to ensure that the correct culprit is caught. Furthermore, social position and influences on his relatives should be studied. Last but not least, we should understand a truth that the death penalty can not solve all problems.

Overall, the death penalty is necessary to prevent crimes, especially severe ones, but the law should study carefully cases when applying this too serious measure of punishment. Anyway, the main root of crime should be studied and other measures should be used before deciding to kill someone.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student try to do with his next essay?
Gianglt

TOEFL Essay: Without capital punishment our lives are less #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:45 am   TOEFL Essay: Without capital punishment our lives are less

Firstly, we mush/MUST have serious measures to punish severe crimes. Some actions are very dangerous: murderERs kill innocent people, vandals damage valuable properties and they both cause/HAVE bad consequences on/FOR the whole OF society. There are also wrongdoers, who can not be re-educated and always return to their bad ways after being in jail. THE Death penalty can be a good way to ensure that crimes will not happen again.

Secondly, capital punishment is an appropriate way to deter criminals. Newspapers and movies usually wrongly describe those committing crimes, building images of heroes and not counting deaths in such crimes. Governments and laws should play their roles/PART and make people understand that they are responsible for their actions.

One thing must be concerned/BE OF CONCERN when we want to use capital punishment: we are living in a civilized society. Careful investigations should be hold/HELD/TAKEN to ensure that the correct culprit is caught. Furthermore, social position and influences on his relatives should be studied. Last but not least, we should understand a truth that the death penalty cannot solve all problems.

Good

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay: People attend college or university for...TOEFLŪ essay samples: Chance or WorkTOEFLŪ Essay: your approach to problem-solvingSpeaking task "reporting a problem+solutions"TOEFLŪ essay: Movies that entretain or that make us thinkTOEFLŪ essay sample: What qualities of a friend do you lookTOEFLŪ essay sample: Effects of the internetQuestion about TOEFLŪ essay structureTOEFLŪ essay samples: What is your favorite TV show?TOEFLŪ essay sample: knowledge from books or experienceTOEFLŪ Essay: Marry someone similar or different?TOEFLŪ essay samples: Welcoming innovationTOEFLŪ essay sample: Self employed vs employed