caption beneath an illustration
coal
inspiration
episode
underline

Guess where I'm now...

My next computer will be a Chromebook... | Every tried a unicycle?
Guess where I'm now... #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:47 am   Guess where I'm now...

This is a view from the room I'm currently living in. Where do you think this is?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Preparation for a meeting
_________________
Test Of English for International Communication
TOEIC Preparation & TOEIC Vocabulary

Re: Guess where I'm now... #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 02, 2015 21:23 pm   Re: Guess where I'm now...

Somewhere in Florida?
Monica28

Location: Romania

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Re: Guess where I'm now... #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2015 0:34 am   Re: Guess where I'm now...

Torsten wrote:

I'm assuming that at least part of the reason you have posted here to make people Jealous :-) - so first of all I can congratulate you on succeeding with that part of it, while simultaneously wishing you a pleasant "stay" (If that is correct?)

"Currently living in" as opposed to "Currently staying in"

IMO living implies to remain in a place for the indefinite future, so you can say you live there.

To say that you're going to be there for a fixed period, you would say that you'll be staying there.

But I think even without the time context it's about your principal place of residence, where do you keep all the stuff you really don't need right now? That's where you live.

Could it be that with you being a German speaker "remain" carries with a sense of permanency that doesn't really exist in English.????
Just a thought btw wear some Sun Block Torsten! :-)
Schon Urlaub
Irish Lurker

Location: Card board box on the Ku'damm

Guess where I'm now... #4 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:06 am   Guess where I'm now...

I hope you live not stay.
Nguyenhaai

Guess where I'm now... #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 am   Guess where I'm now...

Yes, there actually is that certain difference between living and staying and the subconscious mind has been telling me I need to come back to this place since it's the best summer holiday spot I've been to so far. No, it's not in the US but in the EU. Here is some more...

TOEIC listening, photographs: Clearing away the snow
_________________
TOEIC Preparation & TOEIC Vocabulary

Guess where I'm now... #6 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 pm   Guess where I'm now...

Is it Menton (Cote d'Azur)?
Monica28

Location: Romania

Guess where I'm now... #7 (permalink) Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:02 am   Guess where I'm now...

No cigar. It's one of your neighboring countries.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Checking the circuit

Guess where I'm now... #8 (permalink) Thu Jun 11, 2015 17:02 pm   Guess where I'm now...

Sunny Beach in Bulgaria. If i'm not wrong, you were at Royal Palace Helena Sands.
Savdasam

Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Guess where I'm now... #9 (permalink) Thu Jun 11, 2015 21:09 pm   Re: Guess where I'm now...

Torsten wrote:
This is a view from the room I'm currently chilling out with my entourage - The big question is where the hell do you think I am

You are were you is Torsten!
Irish Lurker

Location: Card board box on the Ku'damm

Guess where I'm now... #10 (permalink) Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:26 am   Guess where I'm now...

My view is to the mountains in Bogotá, Colombia. That is my prize. Better than that, my prize is to receive your mails I wish you continue enjoying your views. This time I won't contend for a prize.
_________________
A cup of good coffe can make life bearable.
Alfwm

Location: Bogotá, Colombia

Guess where I'm now... #11 (permalink) Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:43 am   Guess where I'm now...

Why do you leave us in curiosity, dear Torsen?
Maryjam

Location: Ukraine, Hungary

Guess where I'm now... #12 (permalink) Fri Jun 12, 2015 16:28 pm   Guess where I'm now...

On the blue planet, for sure.
Black Knight

Guess where I'm now... #13 (permalink) Fri Jun 12, 2015 22:29 pm   Guess where I'm now...

You are getting closer, as a matter of fact, some of you have already named the place. Молодци! Btw, this is my office at the beach. (Nobody can brag like me ;-))

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university advisor

Guess where I'm now... #14 (permalink) Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:09 am   Guess where I'm now...

Congratulations!
Oh, have you checked the bank statements?
Black Knight

Guess where I'm now... #15 (permalink) Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:01 am   Guess where I'm now...

Yes Sergey asked me to keep an eye on his bank account because he is too busy to do it himself....

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his assistant

Watching Freebird online?R U feeling a little Meloncollie?linguistic feudIs it safe to use Cloud and Drop Box?Google Chrome is listening to you.Toll-jumpingWhat's the worst weapon of mass destruction?Guess where I'm now..., page 2What's the purpose of life?While the poor jungly man is ...Imagine Dragons?Allow time for trafficHappy Birthday my dearest friend Monica!