nearness; vicinity; adjacency; closeness
proximity
impropriety
compendium
prognosis

IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...

Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already! | small town or big city
IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to... #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:16 pm   IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...

Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no specialist knowledge of the following topic.

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves?

IELTS essay sample

With the development of global economic, more and more people have a better life than decades ago. However, in some area of world, there also have poorer countries where people don't have sufficient food to eat or education. I think that, not only should wealthy country help poor country, but poor country should try their best to give their citizens a better quality of life.

Helping poorer countries is demand of moral, but also there are many benefits from it. First of all, providing assistant to these countries could save many lives from starvation, and keep them away from diseases, therefore people in the poorer country could enjoy a better life. Furthermore, this could help them to have enough energy to develop their country, and then providing food and education by themselves. Eventually, they would be able to cooperate with wealthy countries to benefit each other.

To poorer country, besides being assisted by others, they have to take responsibility of developing their own country for better quality of citizens' life. However, some use the resources provided by others in a wrong way, such as taking the money to buy weapons, food to support the war. They should stop doing this, and to develop in peace. In addition, improving their stability of society, such as perfecting their laws, providing job opportunities, developing technology, is a important task for them.

Therefore, it's wrong to say that one country should take the whole responsibility of that. Countries in the world should help each other to have a better development, by doing this, countries can benefit from each other also.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the young man have grapes for lunch?
Katat

IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to... #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:12 pm   IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...

With the development of global economic/THE GLOBAL ECONOMY, more and more people have a better life than decades ago. However, in some areaS of THE world, there also have/ARE poorer countries where people don't have sufficient food to eat or ANY education. I think that, not only should wealthy country/COUNTRIES help poor countryCOUNTRIES, but A poor country should try their best to give their citizens a better quality of life.

Helping poorer countries is demand of moral/IS A MORAL REQUIREMENT, but also there are many benefits from it. First of all, providing assistanCE to these countries could save many lives from starvation, and keep them away from diseases, therefore people in the poorer country could enjoy a better life. Furthermore, this could help them to have enough energy to develop their country, and then providing/PROVIDE food and education by/FOR themselves. Eventually, they would be able to cooperate with wealthy countries to benefit each other.

Poorer countrIES, besides being assisted by others, thave to take responsibility of/FOR developing their own country for A better quality of/FOR THEIR citizens' life. However, some use the resources provided by others in a wrong way, such as taking the money to buy weapons, food to support the war. They should stop doing this, and develop in peace. In addition, improving thE stability of society, such as perfecting their laws, providing job opportunities, developing technology, is aN important task for them.

Therefore, it's wrong to say that one country should take the whole responsibility of/FOR that. Countries in the world should help each other to have a better development, by doing this, countries can benefit from each other also.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to... #3 (permalink) Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:24 pm   IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...

Thank you very much, Alan ^^
Katat

IELTS Samples #4 (permalink) Mon May 07, 2007 8:16 am   IELTS Samples

I'd like to invite everyone to visit IELTS-Exams.com
IELTS-Exams offers free help in preparation for IELTS exam. It is filled with
tips and strategies for studying, multiple links to free IELTS ...

free sample exam #5 (permalink) Fri Oct 05, 2007 16:03 pm   free sample exam

see this site for a lot of free task and sample :
ielts-sample.com
Ielts

Task 2 #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 02, 2009 13:13 pm   Task 2

Question: People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kinds of problem can this cause? What solution can you suggest?

Most of the people are very easily contented with their own lives. They would rather stick with their current living style than give a try in search for a better one. This is having a bad impact not only on individuals but also on the society as a whole.

People nowadays are already adapted in a slow a steady living style. They tend to be afraid of taking risks and accepting challenges. Consequently, their lives are becoming too ordinary and boring, without any excitement. Playing stock shares, for instance, shows the tendency of people resisting in making changes. Most of the share holders refuse to buy a new company’s stock share, resulting in a great loss.

Another major problem is the slow improvements in our society. As the individuals are not willing to search for a better living, they wouldn’t make an effort to build a better society either.

One obvious answer is for the government to open new job opportunities in challenging circle. Jobs in resorts and research centers could widen people’s horizon and fill their lives with excitements. This would enable them to have an urge in searching for more excitements and thus willing to make changes in their lives. As a further step, people should travel more and observe different people’s living style. By doing this, they could not only find out the type of life they wish to have but are also likely to strike for having one.

Apparently, making changes in people’s lives will make more good than harm. Therefore, I would like to encourage people to try new things and spice up their lives with challenges.
Khineimaung

IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to... #7 (permalink) Fri Aug 13, 2010 15:55 pm   IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...

Is it possible for me to have an assesment from you on my essay? Thank you..
Task:Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer
nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the
responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves

PAY BACK

The gap between wealthy and poorer nations has gradually increased for decades. The main reason lurking at the background of this phenomenon is exactly about the usage of sources issue. Wealthy countries rape benefits of the world resources at a higher percentage than the poorer countries.
As fa as I concern this began with the imperialisic policies that was implemented by today’s developed countries during the industrial revolution era an so on. The required resources for a sustainable development became inaduquate and they directed their ways to the other nation’s wealth. Aftermath a series of wars and blodsheds they took over the control of the supply chain of the invaded countries. Thus, the core of an incredible inequality between today’s developed countries and the others emerged.
Now I concern that it is the right time for not only sharing but paying back. And the most important thing for this issue is the international organizations particularly the non-governmental ones. These intitutions must immediately issue joint and radical reports indicating the methods and know-how of this pay pack process. What they secondly have to do is convincing all the leaders and governments of well-developed countries. I really trust the non governmental international organizations have the sufficient capacity if they want it and move together.
Moreover every citizen from no matter which country must remarkably pay attention and boost the programmes that have to be submitted by these strongest actors of international arena. Otherwise the world is going to be on the point of no return. That means a total collapse of humanity and a tremendous uprising against the wealthy countries.
Evrene

Advertisements targeting children aged between 2 and 5 should be bannedEssayIntegrated writing: Invasive speciesPeople succeed just because of hard working, luck has nothing to doindividuals‘ effects on environmentThe idea of going overseas for university is an exciting prospect for many peopleliving in an extended family or a nuclear one?Eating at food stands or restaurants vs. eating food at homeIntegrated task: online pharmacies.Essay: If you could invent new, what product would you develop?Examinations encourage children to study?Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start the day’s work.thanks again for helping me!