to occupy a place; to take a place; to obtain at an advance opportunity
anticipate
locate
preempt
cast

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Synonyms like the verbs: deal, manage, handle, cope | Awfully vs. horribly
What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #16 (permalink) Fri Jul 23, 2010 22:04 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

Dear Torsten, again the question above. My idea is: " I will have one more go in my English learning, or in case of failure, I will give up my study of English. By the way, please, look up my progress report and, if possible, send me feedback of my performance. I will be grateful. Regards.
Cristovam

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #17 (permalink) Fri Jul 23, 2010 22:34 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

You Cristov, the correct phrase is 'to have a go at' not 'in'. As for your progress report, it looks pretty good and I suggest you start completing the listening exercises too.

Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, photographs: A grand piano

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #18 (permalink) Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 am   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

Hello Mr. Torsten,
As my computer system was not working , so I could not connect to forum and now I can not listen to Toeic listening exercises . The computer technician messed up . I am not getting any mail from you .

Thank you
Acharyasd

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #19 (permalink) Sat Mar 26, 2011 14:26 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

I was thinking about using the word (more) , normally we used it before an adjective not before verb , in this case I selected the word (leave) as the meaning of vacation ,so
I'll have one more leave/vacation and then. (Both might be noun)
Is right to use the word (more) before verb

Thanks for your guidance in learning English
Muain

Location: Khartoum-Sudan

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #20 (permalink) Sat Mar 26, 2011 14:33 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

Hello Muain,

This question is part of a whole set and when you look at them as a whole it should be obvious that the question doesn't refer to 'leave' as a noun (vacation). I understand your thought process though. Taken in isolation, your answer and explanation would be reasonable.

In this question, the verbs don't work, but 'go' is not a verb here - it is a noun.

go (noun) = an attempt or trial at something.
one more go = one more try
_________________

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #21 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

I will have one more go at learning English then I'll give up on learning this language.
Can I say I will try one more time at learning English then I'll have one more go another language?

best regard
Igal1

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #22 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 15:59 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

Is it correct to say:" In the next seasson I will have one more go to be champion in regional tennis play. If I do not get the victory I will give up that sport". I am here waiting response about the theme of someone. Thanks.
Cristovam

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #23 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 16:00 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

Cristovam

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #24 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 18:03 pm   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

That sentence could be improved like this:
Next season, I will have one more go at becoming regional champion in tennis. If I am not victorious I will give up that sport.
_________________

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #25 (permalink) Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:27 am   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

All thanks for your great definition Beeesneees and Torsten
Ahmad6889

Location: Iran

What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom? #26 (permalink) Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:38 am   What does "one more go" mean? Is it an idiom?

I will have one more go at taking this test. Thank you for your explanation!
Joyce2012

Location: China

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Your little girl usually cries to get her way...this is the woman you sawWhy "put up" is not cinsidered as a viable option here?Difference between 'populated' and 'popular'?difference between the use of site and placeAfter vs. laterIdiom: there's little chanceDifference between yet and stillIdiom: 'heaven only knows'Meaning of "There's no point"To bite the dustHaven't a clueBeginning vs. Begin