physical; done using human skill or force
periodical
operational
manual
assistant

Idiom: lose your head

Reliable vs. patient | Meaning of "Make up"
Idiom: lose your head #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:36 am   Idiom: lose your head

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Losing It", question 10

After the traffic accident she lost her head and drove the car into a brick wall.

(a) behaved strangely
(b) behaved foolishly
(c) behaved oddly
(d) behaved quietly

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Losing It", answer 10

After the traffic accident she behaved foolishly and drove the car into a brick wall.

Correct answer: (b) behaved foolishly

After the traffic accident she behaved oddly and drove the car into a brick wall.
_________________________

I also cannot understand here why c) is not the best. I was shocked at so many errors I made in one test.

haihao
Haihao

Location: Japan

Idiom: lose your head #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:09 am   Idiom: lose your head

To put it bluntly, 'losing one's head' implies, going crazy or not thinking properly. Sobriety is gone.

Your emotions take over and your mind is no longer in control of your faculties. As a result one does things they would not normally do which is often foolish.
Ron1970

Location: Manila, Philippines

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Idiom: lose your head #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:18 am   Idiom: lose your head

Hi, Ron1970

Thank you again for your help. Your explanation for 'have it in for' last time was also very impressive.

haihao
Haihao

Location: Japan

Idiom: lose your head #4 (permalink) Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:41 am   Idiom: lose your head

Haihao:

Since you're in Japan, I'd like to say, "doitashimashite." :) I'm glad to be of help.
Ron1970

Location: Manila, Philippines

Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?Idiom: As thick as two short planksWhy we have to use "which" in this sentence?Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'Meaning of headwayIdiom: 'to push your luck'Business class vs. business parkThe usual adverb (noun) for 'the night of the present day'Idiom: 'let your hair down'Why 'reaction' isn't suitable here? What's "structural value"?The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participleComma after "late": She's always late, isn't she?