Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

physical; done using human skill or force
periodical
operational
manual
assistant
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Idiom: lose your head

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Reliable vs. patient | Meaning of "Make up"
listening exercisestell a friend
Idiom: lose your head #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:36 am   Idiom: lose your head

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Losing It", question 10

After the traffic accident she lost her head and drove the car into a brick wall.

(a) behaved strangely
(b) behaved foolishly
(c) behaved oddly
(d) behaved quietly

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "Losing It", answer 10

After the traffic accident she behaved foolishly and drove the car into a brick wall.

Correct answer: (b) behaved foolishly

Your answer was: incorrect
After the traffic accident she behaved oddly and drove the car into a brick wall.

I also cannot understand here why c) is not the best. I was shocked at so many errors I made in one test.

haihao
Haihao
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Idiom: lose your head #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:09 am   Idiom: lose your head

To put it bluntly, 'losing one's head' implies, going crazy or not thinking properly. Sobriety is gone.

Your emotions take over and your mind is no longer in control of your faculties. As a result one does things they would not normally do which is often foolish.
Ron1970
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Idiom: lose your head #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:18 am   Idiom: lose your head

Hi, Ron1970

Thank you again for your help. Your explanation for 'have it in for' last time was also very impressive.

haihao
Haihao
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Idiom: lose your head #4 (permalink) Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:41 am   Idiom: lose your head

Haihao:

Since you're in Japan, I'd like to say, "doitashimashite." :) I'm glad to be of help.
Ron1970
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Reliable vs. patient | Meaning of "Make up"
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Would it be allright if the 'whatever the times' were 'at any time'?Could "a bit thick" go as far as more than I could stand?Idiom: As thick as two short planksWhy we have to use "which" in this sentence?Difference between 'target costing' and 'standard costing'Meaning of headwayIdiom: 'to push your luck'Business class vs. business parkThe usual adverb (noun) for 'the night of the present day'Idiom: 'let your hair down'Why 'reaction' isn't suitable here? What's "structural value"?The auxiliary verb "have" and the past (-ed) participleComma after "late": She's always late, isn't she?