client; buyer; person who buys a product or service
sponsor
customer
coupon
rescue

Expression: 'Rewrite the following sentence using...'

How to look on the 'look'? | 'Email appended below' versus 'Appended below email'
Expression: 'Rewrite the following sentence using...' #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:06 am   Expression: 'Rewrite the following sentence using...'

Could you please tell me which one of the following sentences is more natural and correct?

1- Rewrite the following sentences using the correct forms of the underlined verbs.

2-Rewrite the following sentences by using the correct forms of the underlined verbs.

Expression: 'Rewrite the following sentence using...' #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:19 am   Expression: 'Rewrite the following sentence using...'

Hi Tom,

I would plump for sentence 1. The addition of 'by' isn't really needed because what you have to do is quite clear. You would use 'by' in a sentence like the following because you need to be told how:

Open the tin by using the key that you will find on the base.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
"An appointment board" vs "An appointments board"Which or that?Plural or not (spam emails vs. email spam)Grammar correction: 'The house was covered in its...'Meaning of "key"Expression: Come over his faceExpression: Rice crop needs heat to ripenExpression: 'Find words in the passage...I didn't say anything vs I didn't say nothingIs this sentence correct: This action will generate $150 000 which may...Meaning of "later life"Come down with flu vs. go down with fluGive up vs. Give in