elasticity; cheerfulness; quality of quickly recovering from sadness or failure; buoyancy
current
stay
landscape
resilience

Meaning of "drum out"

Don is the funniest guy I know! | Is "step by step" an idiom?
Meaning of "drum out" #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 02, 2006 14:28 pm   Meaning of "drum out"

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", question 10

The director was drummed ......... of office for life when it was discovered that she had been involved in insider trading.

(a) up
(b) in
(c) on
(d) out

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", answer 10

The director was drummed out of office for life when it was discovered that she had been involved in insider trading.

Correct answer: (d) out

Your answer was: ?
_________________________

hi,

what doese that mean?

Malkin
Malkin

Meaning of "drum out" #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 02, 2006 14:46 pm   Meaning of "drum out"

.
drum out:

a. (formerly) to expel or dismiss from a military service in disgrace to the beat of a drum.
b. to dismiss in disgrace: He was drummed out of the university for his gambling activities.

(Dictionary.com)
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
ESL Prepositions test #3 (permalink) Sat Mar 03, 2012 17:51 pm   ESL Prepositions test

I have to review all these prepositions. They are a little bit difficult. Do you have more excercises with them? Thanks in advance.
Martha0108

Location: Miami, Fl

meaning of "result in any way from a disease that does"?please correct the below sentenceTest incompl/elem-196, User's Answer 1Test incompl/elem-170, Question 8You have been the biggest disappointment this year.The Koala is actually not a bear despite what its name implies.I want to show my appreciation,Pitcher vs. catcherPitcher vs. shortstopI think I am catching a cold. vs I think I catches a cold.Explanation: package to store left over food...Synonym of slapp"coffee break" or "lunch break"