Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

elasticity; cheerfulness; quality of quickly recovering from sadness or failure; buoyancy
current
stay
landscape
resilience
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "drum out"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Don is the funniest guy I know! | Is "step by step" an idiom?
listening exercisestell a friend
Meaning of "drum out" #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 02, 2006 14:28 pm   Meaning of "drum out"

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", question 10

The director was drummed ......... of office for life when it was discovered that she had been involved in insider trading.

(a) up
(b) in
(c) on
(d) out

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", answer 10

The director was drummed out of office for life when it was discovered that she had been involved in insider trading.

Correct answer: (d) out

Your answer was: ?

hi,

what doese that mean?

Malkin
Malkin

Meaning of "drum out" #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 02, 2006 14:46 pm   Meaning of "drum out"

drum out:

a. (formerly) to expel or dismiss from a military service in disgrace to the beat of a drum.
b. to dismiss in disgrace: He was drummed out of the university for his gambling activities.

(Dictionary.com)

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
ESL Prepositions test #3 (permalink) Sat Mar 03, 2012 17:51 pm   ESL Prepositions test

I have to review all these prepositions. They are a little bit difficult. Do you have more excercises with them? Thanks in advance.
Martha0108
You can meet me at english-test.net

Don is the funniest guy I know! | Is "step by step" an idiom?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
meaning of "result in any way from a disease that does"?please correct the below sentenceTest incompl/elem-196, User's Answer 1Test incompl/elem-170, Question 8You have been the biggest disappointment this year.The Koala is actually not a bear despite what its name implies.I want to show my appreciation,Pitcher vs. catcherPitcher vs. shortstopI think I am catching a cold. vs I think I catches a cold.Explanation: package to store left over food...Synonym of slapp"coffee break" or "lunch break"