Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

suited; pleasant; agreeable; affable
equable
congenial
bumptious
innocuous
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

ToeflŪ essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection
Got my TOEFLŪ score... | TOEFLŪ essay samples: Parents are the best teachers
listening exercisestell a friend
Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:47 am   Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

What are the characteristics of a good leader? Give reasons and examples to support your response.

A good leader should have positive characteristics for a community he/she is leading. He/she should have a passion for what he/she is doing as well as goal never giving up.
There are all kinds of leaders, some heroes of the country or just imaginary ones. Government leads their community to best serve the people living in the country. A teacher is a leader for the students to success their educational goals.
Who do I consider a good leader personally. I have a great respect for Christopher Reeve and for everything he achieved in his life. He was a hero, still is and will be. His paralysis resource center helps many people living with spinal cord injury or paralyzed people to provide comprehensive information, resources or services. His strength and courage to face limitation and step beyond all of this to live a life without limitation. I believe those are the characteristics a good leader needs. Passion, courage, hope and success prove the community that this is a person they can trust and depend on.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is herring healthier for us than tuna?
Mirka24
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 05, 2006 14:43 pm   Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

Hi,

A good leader should have positive characteristics for a community he/she is leading. He/she should have a passion for what he/she is doing as well as THE goal OF never giving up.
There are all kinds of leaders, some heroes of the country or just imaginary ones. A/THE Government leads their community to best serve the people living in the country. A teacher is a leader for the students to SUCCEED IN their educational goals.
Who do I consider a good leader personally. I have a great respect for Christopher Reeve and for everything he achieved in his life. He was a hero, still is and will be. His paralysis resource center helps many people living with spinal cord injury or paralyzed people to provide comprehensive information, resources or services. His strength and courage to face limitation and step beyond all of this to live a life without limitation. I believe those are the characteristics a good leader needs. Passion, courage, hope and success prove the community that this is a person they can trust and depend on.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader? #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:15 am   Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

I appreciate your help. Thanks
Mirka24
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader? #4 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:22 am   Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

Quote:
A good leader should have positive characteristics for a community he/she is leading. He/she should have a passion for what he/she is doing as well as goal never giving up.

is there any way to overcome plugging in so many "he/she"s?

Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader? #5 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 19:13 pm   Toefl essay samples: What are the characteristics of a good leader?

Hi,

You can either make the subject plural or simply use 'they' as an indefinite pronoun.

A
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Got my TOEFLŪ score... | TOEFLŪ essay samples: Parents are the best teachers
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
TOEFLŪ IBT 14 JANTOEFLŪ essay samples: You have received a gift of money...TOEFLŪ essay samples: It can be quite difficult to learn a new languageTOEFLŪ essay sample: What are some of the qualities of a good parent?TOEFLŪ essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...TOEFLŪ essay: Students choices for their studyTOEFLŪ essay: In your opinion, what is the most important characteristicTOEFLŪ essay: People listen to music for different reasons and at different timesTOEFLŪ essay samples: An automobile manufacturer is considering your community...ToeflŪ essay samples: Every generation of people is different in important waysTOEFLŪ essay sample: You have received a gift of money...How to prepare for speaking and listening section on IBT ToeflŪ test?TOEFLŪ essay: People attend college or university for many different reasons