strongly desiring; keen; fervently interested
impossible
unjudged
eager
good

Other vs. others

Teaching TAKE AFTER | When we refer plural friends where we have to put apostrophe?
Other vs. others #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:24 am   Other vs. others

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Listen and Improve Your English", question 9

There are lots of things we can improve: Our standard of living or our relationship with others people. We also can improve our physical condition.

(a) are
(b) others
(c) physical condition

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Listen and Improve Your English", answer 9

There are lots of things we can improve: Our standard of living or our relationship with other people. We also can improve our physical condition.

Correct entry: other
The error was: (b) others
_________________________

i guess b is wrong. i replace other but i don't know why? please explain more

duong cam linh
duong cam linh

Other vs. others #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:11 pm   Other vs. others

The word 'other' in the test sentence is an adjective and doesn't take a plural form. 'Others' is a pronoun and couldn't be used with the noun.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Other vs. others #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 12, 2010 17:45 pm   Other vs. others

Dear teachers,
Would you please present me a reference that I study it before taking this exam test about ‘other, another, others, the others’? I am a bit confused
In advance, thank you very much indeed.
With regard
Mitra

_________________
Peace&Love
Mitra584

Location: Iran

What is the difference between 'assembly' and 'assembling'?Need help to understand this sentence properlyfood is called a(n) artificial sweetener.Do you walk or take the bus to work?give me a sentences with be to blameWhat is the difference between herb and grass?You could not translate that new word into another languageThe identity of English, which were represented at the Titanic?Do you mind if I open the window?meaning of lavatorywhat does sight mean?where is the error!why "sciences"?