drink; refreshment
beverage
solace
final
breadth

Read-aloud format?

Dialog: Manager reprimands employee for being late | Is someone here familiar with the IELTS test?
Read-aloud format? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 07, 2006 18:01 pm   Read-aloud format?

Hi, what does 'read-aloud' format mean when it comes to describing ebooks. I've found this discription:

Microsoft Reader (LIT) Format: Printing DISABLED, Read-Aloud ENABLED
Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Format: Printing DISABLED, Read-Aloud ENABLED

Does 'read-aloud' mean that a software would read the text and you can listen to it?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A lemonade stand

Read-aloud format? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 07, 2006 23:32 pm   Read-aloud format?

Hi Torsten

Yes, that seems to be the case:

"What does a read-aloud-enabled system do? Compared to text-to-speech in a screen reader, not much. It speaks what is on the screen, using built-in speech capability."

Source

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Stop gap jobsWhat do you think of this story: Hooked up?The poem 'Happiness' by Carl Sandburg and its meaning?Christmas and commerce?Kudos or what?Time in Switzerland and GermanyHow many times do you click per day?License optionsHow can anyone improve his grammar and vocabulary?Worksheet formatting'Love is a rainbow as much as it seems to be real' - Interesting analogy, isn't?What do you think of the American Selective Service System?Do you agree the old ways in education?