practice session for a performance
misgiving
postmaster
wire
rehearsal

Questions about infinitives

On time vs. in time | Meaning of "Face to face"
Questions about infinitives #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:05 am   Questions about infinitives

ESL/EFL Test #79 "GMAT Vocabulary", question 10

They first of all refused to stop their strike but in the end after much negotiation they were ......... to go back to work.

(a) pursued
(b) persuaded
(c) prevented
(d) perceived

ESL/EFL Test #79 "GMAT Vocabulary", answer 10

They first of all refused to stop their strike but in the end after much negotiation they were persuaded to go back to work.

Correct answer: (b) persuaded
_________________________

Good day to you we learn very much here are the following questions we want to ask you:
1.Is there any kinds of infinitives?
2.What are those?
3.Give some example of each kinds and some exam.

Peanutbutterbear
peanutbutterbear

Questions about infinitives #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:41 am   Questions about infinitives

English Learner wrote:
Good day to you. We learn very much. Here are the following questions we want to ask you:
1.Is Are there any kinds of infinitives?
2.What are those?
3.Give some examples of each kinds and some exam test questions.

Hi peanutbutterbear
Your question tells me that you need to work on much more than just infinitives. I've made a few corrections (in the quote above). Blue words should be added and red words should be deleted.

I think it would be best for you to register and then post questions about infinitives and grammar in either the GMAT forum or the English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms forum.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: get hitchedHe's just not the same person any more...Punctuation questionIs "immaculate" an error?Stare vs. watchComma questionSpecial cardstock vs. specialty cardstockExpression: to be out of somethingIdiom: take eggs for moneyMeaning of 'make hay'Meaning of tealSimple past vs. past perfectWhat is "stores mark down their prices"?