to ask for an identification (i.e. in a bar)
fetch
card
grasp
drop

Surely not that difficult

Little more detail | Conditional I
Surely not that difficult #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 08, 2004 14:24 pm   Surely not that difficult

Test No. incompl/elem-15 "An Easy Question", question 5

Oh, come on it's ......... not that difficult.

(a) quickly
(b) hardly
(c) always
(d) surely

Test No. incompl/elem-15 "An Easy Question", answer 5

Oh, come on it's surely not that difficult.

Correct answer: (d) surely

Oh, come on it's quickly not that difficult.
_________________________

I do not understant this answer, please explain me.
jib

Surely #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 08, 2004 15:47 pm   Surely

Well, one person, let's call her Jane, asks another one (let's him Mike) a question.
Mike says that he has to think about Jane's question first because it is difficult to understand.
Jane replies, that no the question is not difficult, it's easy. Because she is convinced that her question is easy to answer she says the question surely (certainly) is easy.

TOEIC short conversations: A woman calls up a company to accept a job offer

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Thank you #3 (permalink) Mon May 09, 2005 14:53 pm   Thank you

I just would like to congratulate on your job here, it is amazing, it is exactly I was looking for because my english need being improved as you can see or not hehe I just don't know if my english is correct and this web is helping me a lot.

sincerely thank for this
Bruno

Surely not that difficult #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:14 am   Surely not that difficult

I chose hardly for its answer, but it wasn't right. Don't you think hardly sounds right to the ears than surely? Just a question. Thanks for your answer.

Hardly #5 (permalink) Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:05 am   Hardly

As you know hardly is incorrect here because it means almost not so this would conflict with what the speaker actually wants to say.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A traffic jam

Surely not that difficult #6 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 19:27 pm   Surely not that difficult

But if I want to say that sometimes it's difficult but sometimes it's not, can I say: Oh, come on it's always not that difficult?
Monalisa2604

Location: Bogota, Colombia

Surely not that difficult #7 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 20:05 pm   Surely not that difficult

In that case, I would say "It's not always that difficult".

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Charles Darwin?

Surely not that difficult #8 (permalink) Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:06 am   Surely not that difficult

Could you explane what does the word "that" mean in this sentence?
May I say "Oh, come on it's surely not difficult."
ZZayaZZ

Surely not that difficult #9 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 am   Surely not that difficult

If hardly = almost not, and what about surely not = ?
When we can use not?
Pets.62

Surely not that difficult #10 (permalink) Sun Sep 04, 2011 15:09 pm   Surely not that difficult

I answered "quickly" on this question, what did I understand is the person to come on its quickly and not that difficult...means that its fast, easy", really sometimes confusing..But its good to learn this questions...good site to learn more.
Trishh

Little more detail | Conditional I
I have a bad coldOne more newcomer…at harvest timeDid you hearhiveld?but you were too busyMeaning of eagerFall to = to come by lot or chancedifference between latest and newestDifference between I used to and I was used to?Which vs. whoMeaning of "executive assistant"Meaning of 'since then'