to hold superior; to appoint; to nominate; to like better
condition
resemble
solace
prefer

"confrom with" vs. "conform to"

two questions | I need help with the following questions
"confrom with" vs. "conform to" #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 21, 2006 21:50 pm   "confrom with" vs. "conform to"

What's the difference between confrom with and conform to?

Thanks :D
Myc

"confrom with" vs. "conform to" #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:46 am   "confrom with" vs. "conform to"

There is no difference between them. You can use either one of those prepositions. There's no meaning difference, and there doesn't seem to be a rule as to when to use one of them or the other.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"confrom with" vs. "conform to" #3 (permalink) Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:45 am   "confrom with" vs. "conform to"

Jamie (K) wrote:

Thanks, Jamie (K)

So, are the following synonymous?

1- Could you please confirm with him?
2- Could you please confirm to him?

"confrom with" vs. "conform to" #4 (permalink) Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:57 am   "confrom with" vs. "conform to"

Tom wrote:
So, are the following synonymous?

1- Could you please confirm with him?
2- Could you please confirm to him?

WAIT! WAIT! You've switched the words on me!

Are you asking about conform or confirm? Or did you want to ask about conform at the beginning and have switched to confirm now?

You can conform with or to something or someone.

You can only confirm (something) with someone.

"confrom with" vs. "conform to" #5 (permalink) Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:39 am   "confrom with" vs. "conform to"

Thanks Jamie!
Cornelius

Location: Makati City, Philippines

"confrom with" vs. "conform to" #6 (permalink) Thu Mar 31, 2011 16:38 pm   "confrom with" vs. "conform to"

Interestingly, the Microsoft Word grammar and spelling checker flags "conform with" as being ungrammatical, and suggests "conform to" as a correct alternative. However, I believe that it is perfectly correct to conform with common practice, rather than conform to the Microsoft recommendation.
ChildofProf

of orange juice/with paperclips : prepositional phrases ?Until recently + Past Perfect?From SeinfeldTwo days awaydiffrence between start and beginwhat is the difference between reformation and rehabilitationFrom SeinfeldRise or rise upbelieve - trustHelp me figure out the correct sentence.one week holiday/"thee"/get well,get better ?for/at dinnercall by later