immature; not fully developed; fundamental
rudimentary
callous
affluent
diverse

TOEFL® essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

My first simulation of the test | May you grade my essay for toefl® ibt exam? thank you!
TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 28, 2006 23:09 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

What are the characteristics of a good teacher? Use reasons and examples to support your response.

In my opinion, a good teacher must be interesting, dynamic, and she/he must have vocation to teach to the students in order to success in their profession.

First of all, a good teacher must be interesting and dynamic because these two characteristics are very important to get all the attention of the students. For example, if a teacher has a boring class, some students can have problems to learn and lose concentration.

Secondly, she/he must has much knowledge of what is teaching, I think that this is an important point because in many occasions, I had professors without the minimum knowledge about she/he want to teach.

Thirdly, she/he must have vocation to teach. Sadly, most teachers don't have this characteristic. For a student, it is important that the teacher encourages to the students, in order to explore more.

In conclusion, if a teacher has those three characteristics the most probably is that all the students will like the to learn.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation about toys
Ramiro

Toelf Essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:11 am   Toelf Essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

My corrections are in CAPITAL LETTERS:

In my opinion, a good teacher must be interesting, dynamic, and must have A vocation to teach the students in order to HELP THEM ACHIEVE success in their profession.

First of all, a good teacher must be interesting and dynamic because these two characteristics are very important to get the FULL attention of the students. For example, if a teacher MAKES A BORING LESSON, some students can have problems LEARNING and MAY Nlose concentration.

Secondly, A TEACHER must haVE A LOT OF knowledge of what teaching IS, I think that this is an important point because On many occasions, I had professors without the minimum knowledge about WHAY THEY wantED to teach.

Thirdly, A TEACHER must have A vocation to teach. Sadly, most teachers don't have this characteristic. For a student, it is important that the teacher encourages the students TO ENABLE THEM to explore more.

In conclusion, if a teacher has those three characteristics IT IS QUITE LIKELY that all the students will WANT to learn.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Toelf Essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 29, 2006 17:14 pm   Toelf Essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Thanks Alan, you are a great teacher :wink:
Ramiro

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #4 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 13:47 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Hi! i am a new member:) In addition this is my essay;

It's difficult to say what are the characteristics of a good teacher because there are many things. If i need to choose, the characteristics of a good teacher are understandable, educational, intelligent and concerned.

First of all if a teacher is an understandable person than she never gets angry. Moreover when a student ask something to her, she will answer quickly and clear. In fact she should have an educational experience. For example, my teacher have been teaching for 8 years. It means she can teach me more important points.

In addition, a good teacher should be concerned. Indeed if a student needs some help, his teacher will concern him. She should also be an intelligent teacher. For instance, when somebody can't understand something, if the teacher is an intelligent person than she can find a different way to teach. In fact she can teach that subject more easily.

In summary, The best teacher should be understable, intelligent and concerned. Furhermore She should have educational experience.
Sel

Location: Turkey- Istanbul

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #5 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 17:45 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

ooppps.

_________________

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #6 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 17:56 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

It's difficult to say what the characteristics of a good teacher (are) because there are many things (to be taken into consideration). If (I) need to choose, the characteristics of a good teacher are (that he/she should be)understandable, educational, intelligent and concerned.

First of all if a teacher is an understand(ing) person then she never gets angry. Moreover when a student ask(s) something (of) her, she will answer quickly and clear(ly).
In fact she should have an educational experience.
For example, my teacher (has) been teaching for 8 years. (That) means she can teach me more important points.

In addition, a good teacher should be concerned.
Indeed if a student needs some help, his teacher will (be concerned about) him.
She should also be an intelligent teacher.
For instance, when somebody can't understand something, if the teacher is an intelligent person than she can find a different (approach to the subject she is trying to teach).
In fact she can teach that subject more easily.

In summary, (t)he best teacher should be understandable, intelligent and concerned. Furthermore She should have educational experience.

Not bad Sel, not bad.

When you say understandable, do you mean that you understand what she is saying, or do you mean understanding, because these are two completely different characteristics.

_________________

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #7 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 19:06 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Kitosdad wrote:

Not bad Sel, not bad.

Thank you for your concern. i am trying to say If she is understandable, i can understand easily what she is saying
Sel

Location: Turkey- Istanbul

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #8 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 19:52 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

And if she is understanding, she knows the problems that you are having and she makes allowances for your confusion.

Another admirable trait in any teacher.

_________________

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #9 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 20:06 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Hello Sel. I could see your hight level of motivation. That is good if you want to achieve your goals and important to progress in the process of learning. Everybody makes mistakes and this is also important because their make us perfect lol :wink: one of the rules of grammar tells us that we have to write "i" in CAPSLOCK "I". Keep going Sel, you are in right way.
_________________
Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
- Will Durant
Tomasito

Location: Mozambique

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #10 (permalink) Thu Oct 15, 2009 22:51 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Hi Sel
welcome to this forum.
I like your beautiful and historical country which has a lot of spectacular scenery. not only will you need English for studying abroad but you also need it to communicate with foreigners,especially because you host a lot of tourists every year.
your essay is just consist of 166 words, and you might no that you have to write at least 300 words in your essays to get a acceptable score. and you had made some mistakes and typos kitos mentioned them. you should passed a comment bellow this essay not to write a new one, albeit It seems to be comment rather than essay because of being short.
thank you.
_________________
Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana
Richard

Location: Malaysia (at present)

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #11 (permalink) Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:48 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Thanks for your advice
Sel

Location: Turkey- Istanbul

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #12 (permalink) Sun Jan 23, 2011 16:53 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

I would like to say in a context of the characteristics of a good teacher that ,all teachers try to be good and they are respectful people.
First of all, a good teacher should has a good social behavior and be good-tempered; in addition, it is better for he/she to develop his/her interest on students private life to help them more. I have seen an example of this. One of my teachers who had a friendly manner with her students could help my classmate to discover her illness .
Secondly, a good teacher should study more about the lessons that he/she wants to teach ,and ,he/she should know some ways to attract students on the lessons that sounds boring.
I came up the conclusion, being good-tempered and knowledgeable are two main characteristics of a good teacher, moreover, every teacher with his/her own character always try to help the students .
( I am new member. Can someone please grade my essay? Thanks :)
Ahmadi2010

Location: Turkey

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #13 (permalink) Sun Jan 23, 2011 17:47 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Ahmadi,

according to the rules of this forum, you should open a new topic by clicking appropriate button and paste there your essay. However, your writing is very short for essay. You should work on it a little.

good luck
Remula

Location: Azerbaijan

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #14 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2011 14:01 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

thanks Remula. I opened a new topic and pasted my essay with some changes. May it is the true way.
Ahmadi2010

Location: Turkey

TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? #15 (permalink) Thu Jan 19, 2012 20:51 pm   TOEFL essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

Many peoples like to be a teacher, so they have to know that there is some characteristics that help them to be a good teacher. In the following lines I mentioned some characteristics that could makes a good teacher.
One the most important attribute of a good teacher is to be a good communicator, he should be comfortable explaining things and enjoy doing the same. In addition if he be a good communicator he could have a good communication with his students,their parents and his coworkers.I had a teacher he was so sociable and communicator, he said some funny story at the first, middle and the end of the class so those stories made me and the other students fresh up and we all listen more and communicate to answer all the questions that he asked about the subject that he was teaching. Have a good sense of humor is another great tool to helps a teacher to simplify his tasks. Humor can form an important part of a successful teaching program. If I fell that my teacher have a sense of humor I have never say lie to him.I think the best respectful sense that I should have against humor is honesty.A good teacher should have necessary knowledge over the subject matter he teaches. In this way he could be comfortable while he is explaining things and he could answer all the questions that probably asked by students.a good teacher must have good time management and a good teacher must be a good leader and a good friend for his student as well he should also be a disciplinarians and the students must look up to him.
In conclusion I just want to say being a good teacher is not something easy. A teacher is a leader for children so he has to gather most of the good habits and attitudes that a person could have them as well he has to be knowledgeable over the subject that he teaches. finally in my opinion choose this profession just if you are unique!
Bahareh_Salehi

Toefl® Speaking Practice 4-Useful Study Aid.looking forward to hearing your opinion about this independent writing samplePlease, grade my integrated Essay!Please check my essay,Thank you very much!Simulation from the official guide. Both writing essays.Toefl® Speaking Practice 3- please check accent.Please check my essay :"> being a fashion model would be great, wouldn'tskill to be successful in worldPrepare for IELTS exam. Please check my essay!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOUPlease check my TOEFL®® essay please! Thank you!Please check my TOEFL®® essay please! Thank you!Please check my TOEFL® essay please! Thank you!Please check my essay plz! Thank you!