Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

contrast; direct opposite
fetish
antithesis
banter
admonition
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

ToeflŪ Essay: Haste makes waste

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection
TOEFLŪ essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? | TOEFLŪ essay samples: We all work in our jobs with many different kind of people
listening exercisestell a friend
Toefl Essay: Haste makes waste #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 04, 2007 17:19 pm   Toefl Essay: Haste makes waste

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Haste makes waste.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.

In my daily life, there are many occasions where most people are in a hurry to do their work in time. On these situations, the environment expects a fast service to resolve a problem in a short time. In addition, this behavior could result in a real waste of time and effort.

For example, sometimes when we go to a restaurant to have lunch, we expect a fast service, and we don't like to wait. This expectation could finish in a bad quality of food. The same problem affect to all the services like banks, supermarkets, libraries and bus stations.

Another problem related to haste, is that can affect your health. A common problem is the stress, that affects most people from big cities. This problem makes kids to stay much time in front of the computer or television, instead of making a social life.

In summary, I agree with the topic statement because in most occasions people make big mistakes when act in a hurry.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention Mona Lisa?
Ramiro
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

essay #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 15, 2007 16:43 pm   essay

In my daily life, there are many occasions where most people are in a hurry to do their work in time. In these situations, the environment expects a fast service to resolve a problem in a short time. In addition, this behavior could result in a real waste of time and effort.

For example, sometimes when we go to a restaurant to have lunch, we expect a fast service, and we don't like to wait. This expectation could finish in a bad quality of food. The same problem affectS all the services like banks, supermarkets, libraries and bus stations.

Another problem related to haste, is that IT can affect your health. A common problem is THE stress that affects most people from big cities. This problem makes kids stay A LOT OF time in front of the computer or television, instead of making a social life.

In summary, I agree with the topic statement because in most occasions people make big mistakes when THEY act in a hurry.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay: What are the characteristics of a good teacher? | TOEFLŪ essay samples: We all work in our jobs with many different kind of people
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
ToeflŪ Test dates 2007TOEFLŪ essay: Parents are the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay samples: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepareTOEFLŪ essay sample: Canada is a democratic country like Turkey...TOEFLŪ essay sample: Many people like to spend lots of time with their friends...ToeflŪ essay sample: Luck or hard work?ToeflŪ essay sample: What do you want most in a friend?TOEFLŪ essay: Parents are the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay: Some people prefer to live in a small town, others prefer to live...ToeflŪ essay sample: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepareTOEFLŪ essay: Parents are the best teachersTOEFLŪ sample essay: Is money the most important aspect of a job?TOEFLŪ sample essay: People attend college or university for many different reason